Beware Maranello-Literature | FerrariChat

Beware Maranello-Literature

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe, Jul 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe

Nov 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh Richter
    Just wanted to let everyone to be careful when dealing with Maranello-Literature and Christophe Becker. I tried many times to reconcile this before i posted here. Felt this was a last option.
    I ordered a few photographs from his website. One of which was an "original period photo" of Fangio in 66. Priced at 25 euro. Unfortunately, It was a postcard from the late seventies at best. On the website the white border on the postcard was intentionally cropped out in the item preview photo. On top o this they were sent in a thin cardboard envelope that was bent in half on arrival. I have contacted him several times directly and on facebook and have seen that he has "seen" the personal message i sent him.
    I have received no response.
    I asked if i could send them exchange or refund.
    I was very excited to buy my first period ferrari photo.
    Bummer it was a scam.
    Please if anyone knows Christophe please let him know.

Josh

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi Josh, sorry to hear of this. Thanks for letting us know.

3. schumi574

schumi574 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2008
    Czech Republik
    Full Name:
    TERZEUS
    I'm ordered near Mr. BECKR brochure FERRARI and everything be all right So I don't know.

Yours sincerely Karel

FERRARI BROCHURE COLLECTOR CZECH REPUBLICS

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Josh, sorry to hear of the problem you have had. Most of us have probably had a number of bad experiences over the years with various sellers.

I have personally purchased many photographs from Maranello-Literature, and have never had any problems. Service has always been great. Items were as described, packed well, etc. Perhaps there was a further misunderstanding? I would think and hope that the issue/problem can be worked out. Good luck with this.

5. 250GTTDFZagatoCoupe

Nov 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh Richter
    I have purchased things in the past from him as well. Thats why this situation seems so strange. I was almost hoping someone in the community that knows him would be telling me he was on holiday or lost his computer or something. That was my main motivation for posting here. Not to tarnish his reputation per se.

6. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Central IN, USA
    Strange - tried the phone? You shouldn't have to, but it might work out.

I've ordered a few books from him with good success, and he's been quick to respond. I'm surprised he's not answering.

7. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    I've just bought three books from Maranello-Literature online. I've ordered first two books, then a third a couple of hours later, paying postage independently for the two online orders.
    I've then been positively surprised when the three books arrived in one parcel, including some cash to give me back what I've paid more than what the combined shipment price has been! All books were in perfect condition.
    I thus can fully recommend Maranello-Literature and Christophe Becker!
    Cheers
    David

8. red tommy

red tommy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I can only confirm what David wrote. I have only positive experiences with Christophe although we sometimes have not the same price understanding ;-)

9. Ferrari-Sammler

Ferrari-Sammler Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Hi,
    i Christophe is a very nice Person. All deal i made whit him are always perfect. I will meet him next week in Paris.

Regards
    Fred

10. Scuderia Smith Motorsports

May 30, 2011
    Prosper, TX
    Full Name:
    Cody Smith
    Guys, there has to be something up for Christophe not to have remedied this situation. I have known him for years and done tens of thousands in business with him. Never once have I had an issue. I will reach out to him via his personal email and see if I can help. Josh, this is not like him. Continue to try and communicate. I feel confident in saying he will sort it out. If he does not and you still want to purchase some original photos, let me know.

Cody

11. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Beware dead or alive...

Sometimes customers are impatient.
    I meet Christophe one time and it s a good person.
    Actually I think he must be busy, retromobile oblige....
    He has a stand there, probably is the information you must have.

Best

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I am also a satisfied customer from Christophe.....