Ford Gt value | FerrariChat

Ford Gt value

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by leead1, Jul 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #1 leead1, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    I posted a new thread because I am considering trading in my Ford GT tp buy a new car.

I bought my 2005 FGT new and I am the only owner. In fact the manual is still in the factory plastic wrapper. Car is driven regulaly but not very many miles. Under 5000 miles probably 3000 or so

The car is blue with a white stripe. Nothing wrong with the car.

My question is what is this car worth in the open market? The car I am looking at to add to the bunch is the 700hp Lamboginni Aventador. A new car.

I asked the dealer to value as trade ins several of my cars so I could decide. I was shocked to hear the low number on the value they placed on the FGT.

The other car that was posted to me was A Ferrari99 GTO. Comments on this are also welcome.

Comments and opinions welcome :)

Lee

2. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    $215,000.00 - $220,000.00 would sell relatively quickly. If you're not in a rush I bet you could get a little more. Just my opinion of course.

As an owner I hope you get a bit more :)

3. RWebber

RWebber Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2013
    Grasslands, USA
    Full Name:
    R Webber
    $250k on the high end.
    I wouldn't be so fast to sell as these are on the rise as they are turning into the icon they were conceived as and the strong following they have attained. There are fewer of these around due to attrition and being driven regularly yet in pristine condition sets yours apart from the rest.

4. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Do you mind sharing what the dealer quoted you on the FGT trade-in?

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Not at all I will at the end of the thread.

I am currently looking at two other outlets to sell the car. I must admit I have mixed feelings on selling the FordGT. I just like owning and driving the car.

But we will see :)

:ee

6. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    #6 ttn27, Jul 23, 2013
    Lee, the dealer always give you a low number for a trade in. However, I would definitedly consign this car. You should have no problem selling this car in a short time. Minus the consignment fee (what is the consignment fee at your dealership) you would still make more than the trade in value anytime. The mileage is not high but not super low either but I would think in the 220's range you should have no problem selling it. If you are not in a hurry, I think you may be able to sell it the 230's range.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Lee, don't trade it, as others mentioned, consign it will get you a lot more monies.

8. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Seeing a few selling lately. Are people seeing a peak and cashing out? Kind of like the stock market right now :)

9. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #9 leead1, Jul 23, 2013
    Thank you for all of the realistic and meaningful recommendations.

the total offer for the 2005 Ford GT is $175k. Not great but we have to remember the dealer has to sell it later and make a profit.

This is for a trade in for a new Lambo Aventador. This 12 cylinder car has 7oohp. The Lambo has stunning appearance. The Lambo Aventador sccording to Utube car & driver video is is faster and quicker than my Mclaren, 0-60 & 1/4 mile times. This is one fast puppy :)

The other option was to trade in 4 cars I currently own and take the Lambo free and clear, tax title plates etc.
    The cars are:
    2005 Ford GT
    2013 Shelby Mustang GT 500 665 hp
    2006 Ariel Atom 3 300hp
    2010 Ferrari 458 Italia

all of these cars are pristine examples of the models and I like them all.

I told them I wanted to thin the heard. I asked the dealer to value each car so I could decide which cars if any I want to trade in. This will still leave me with alot of cars plus the 2014 Vette coming in Sept. The dealer graciously did what I requested.

I have not driven the Lambo yet. I suspect I will like the car but one never knows. Super cars are normally well, SUPER :) My one fear is it is a very big car physically.
    The consignmnent fees in my area run from 5% to 10% as someone asked. There are two high end dealers in my area that have done that once in awhile for customers although I have never done that. As I am thinking about this there is a Ford dealer who may consign the 2 fords for me. He may at least have some suggestions.

Not sure what I am going to do.

Thank you all for the great advice. You guys are great!

The best,

Lee

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The prices mentioned are too optimistic for a 3k mile car. There are lots of transactions occuring in the high $190k area. You should shoot to close at $200k if selling privately.

Your best bets if you don't want to deal with tire kickers like me are to sell the car out-right to Shelby Smith or consign it with Roy Cats. Roy has an attractive consignment deal and has the exposure you need.

Roy can take all in 4 cars if you want...and broker the Aventador deal and save you some money there as well.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Lee, no offense but I think the dealer is being a bit greedy here. You can do much better on consigning the cars and getting much better price. Just an example, between the 458 and the GT you should be able to cover the Aventador, throwing in the the other two cars seems crazy.

12. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Tony You may be right.

The Aventador has a MSRP of $469k. Expensive cars are always hard to sell. I most likely get it for $420k As a matter of fact I am getting calls from dealers with these cars for sale. Makes me wonder how this information get out. This Forum I guess, not a bad thing. I had a car packet today from Ferrari via UPS on a high performance GTO F car they have.

If the 458 is worth $220k and the FGT $200k then I am there for a total of $420k.

I think I have to decide list these cars from most favorite to least favorite then price them to see how it all works.

The best news after owning so many cars over so many years Nothing thrills me so I can be more diligent in my thought oprocess. If I end up not buying anything that is okay.

Best to all

lee

13. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Good luck either way, I think your are spot on with what your valuations are, I think you might actually be a bit low on the 458 and pretty close on the FGT. Either way best always.

14. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Keep the GT, Lee!! It's the only one I get to see around here.lol.
    In all honesty though, Lee, the GT and the Atom are the last of their kind. The only car I could think of close is a Carrera GT. I know the Lamborghini is fast, but I don't know if it would be as much fun. But if you've grown tired of the GT and are ready to move on, the Lamborghini would be a fun ride I'm sure. I don't think I'd trade all four for one car though.
    Good luck. Not a horrible decision to make.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's a lot of cars I think are way overpriced now.

The Ford GT is not one of them.

16. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree with this....keep the GT and Atom, they are very unique and true driver's cars.

the Aventador is a really fast Audi or a slowed down Veyron, depending on your perspective; but it's not a true "driver's car" IMO. it will also be a depreciation nightmare (check prices on LP640's). GT and Atom will keep/increase their value, I think.

17. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    The GT is a keeper, but if you must part with it I am interested. It will go to a good home!

18. shelbyelite

shelbyelite Rookie

Jun 30, 2007
    Jonesboro, AR
    Full Name:
    Shelby Smith
    Not likely to sell for $220k to $250k as people have suggested. That's really high for a 3k - 5k mile car. I have a blue one with 800 miles and my "asking" price is $239k. Anyway, the dealer was a little low at $175k. I would pay you $185k for sure, and maybe more depending if its 3k miles or 5k miles. I think retail numbers would come in at $195k - $210k depending what the mileage ends up being. Oh, and by the way, I am the Shelby Smith that they are referring to in the previous posts....

19. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #20 leead1, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    First I would like to thank Tenny for his Ford GT retail ask list. Very informative and I appreciate it.

I was wondering about depreciation like one poster said. I think he said it would be a nightmare. I did google to see how the previous 12 cylinder cars have depreciated. Most of the dealers under price say "inquire". That may be telling as well, telling what is the question. I must admit I am bothered by the single clutch transmission on the big Lambo.

I already have an Audi R8 V10 which is a great car, but just as important, I just bought a new Meclaren 12C so I am enjoying that car.

To my good freind NativeTroys question. I am not bored with the Ford GT. In fact it is still an awesome car to drive even by modern supercar standards. I just want something new and exciting.

Thank you all for agonizing this with me. IT is a gut wrenching issue for me. But I feel fortunate to be able to have this to worry about and not something else.

Thank you for all your help . I will decide soon and let the forum know. In the meantime any opinions or advice is appreciated.

The best

Lee

20. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I know you'll make the choice that makes you happy, as you should. I'd just hate to be remorseful about selling one, those two cars I think you might feel that.
    Plus, we could always add a pulley to the GT:D

21. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Lee, you should keep the FGT. You don't want to regret later after you sell it.

22. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Troy you make a good point and one I have thought about and worried about that very point.

My freind had a FGT that he changed the pulley, supercharger, exhaust and the shifter for a shorter throw. I rode in his hopped up car and it was much faster than my stock FGT. He said 865hp or something. Jay Leno switched his pulleys on his 2005 FGT and got 600hp. I tend to keep my cars stock as the factory and the engineers intended.

What I have contemplated is just buying the Lambo. I currently have storage for the car but I have set that aside for the new Vette. I suppose I could set something outside in my driveway when the vette shows up. I currently have my VW Race there but I have room for one more car.

To be up front, I just want a new toy but I do not have time to drive the cars I have now. Again a great problem to have.

My wife, the smart person in the family thinks I should drive the Mclaren for a year or two then look at something else including maybe, the Lambo.

We will see :)

Take care my freind

Lee

23. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I'm sure the Atom would fit in my garage if you need storage space;)
    I know you'll have fun. Always great to have something new. Just always knew how much you've loved the GT, and hate to see it go over another car you only like.
    But if you do sell, I'd love to go for one last ride. That or the Atom. The two top cars in my opinion. First two I'd purchase when I have the means.
    Your wife has a good point. Pick up a used one, and by then you may want to let something else go. She must be smart to keep you on track all these years:D
    Good luck, Lee.

24. tiggs

tiggs Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    As someone who recently bought a Ford GT, I would second the numbers that Shelbyelite mentioned as being by far the most accurate for current market conditions. The low end of shelby's estimates would be a quick sell if you sell it yourself. No need for consignment. I would've happily paid 210+ for yours if I was still in the market as blue was my second color choice.