355 Fiorano brake pads | FerrariChat

355 Fiorano brake pads

Discussion in '348/355' started by mpodgor, Jul 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mpodgor

mpodgor Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2005
    San Mateo, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Michael J Podgorski
    #1 mpodgor, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    I need to put new pads on my #19 355 Fiorano. My car has the red calipers. I am wondering if the pads are the same as the regular flavor 355? I suspect they are but would like some input before I buy. And what's a decent pad? I do not race. Just a city slicker.
    Thanks.

2. Rothbauer_Racing

Rothbauer_Racing Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    Pads on the Front are special (they have yellow paint marking on them), take one of yours off and lets see what that secret brembo pad number is?

Ciao,

SRR

3. We're fairly certain that although the pads on the Fiorano Edition were labeled as "Competition" brake pads, that the calipers were the same as the standard F355.

We have several compounds available from our quiet, long life Ceramic Compound found here :

Street Quiet / Low Dust Street Brake Pad Kit

To our Street Performance - Carbon Kevlar Pads found here :

Street High Performance Street Brake Pad Kit

We also do have Competition or Track Pads, feel free to call or email about those... pricing varies a bit from time to time based on the cost of materials on competition pads.

It's worth mentioning that if you are street driving and going on the occasional Ferrari Club Event, either of these compounds will work fine. If you do a light track day now and then they'll be a good choise as well. If you truly are serious about running hard at the track, it's worth looking into competition pads, we have several sets available from endurance sets to sprint sets.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    For hot street use and track use with street tires (less than r-compound) Ferodo DS2500 is a good set--street able in Texas winters, able to survive Texas summer track use, and easy on calipers.

5. FX8200

FX8200 Karting

Apr 7, 2013
    I second that DS2500s are great, just have to put up with the odd cold squeak and brake dusts.

6. 355spiderguy

355spiderguy Rookie

Jul 4, 2007
    scotland
    Full Name:
    iain
    hi there.

at the beginning of the year I put on new genuine Ferrari cross drilled discs all round on my fiorano spider, but I fitted EBC redstuff pads all round instead of fiorano spec pads.
    result is a fantastic bite, much better than before, and as a bonus, next to no brake dust on the wheels.
    I was worried as these EBC products have differing reports of never ending brake squeal, but it only happened for the first 100 miles or so bedding in.
    I would thoroughly recommend these pads to compliment the cross drilled discs in fiorano 355's.
    hope this helps.

7. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Great post...I have #86 of 100 and will need to know this at some point...THANKS!

8. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    I have a set of Fiorano pads I took out of my # 5 of 100 with 1500 miles on them. They are like new. They did squeak at low speed around town. I sold the car but still have the pads, if anyone is interested PM me.

9. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    yeah, that squeaking can be annoying around town with these race pads...b/c I dont track my car that's the reason I would get a set of diff pads next time