Hatch & Sons - Hudson MA | FerrariChat

Hatch & Sons - Hudson MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by jeffashcraft, Jul 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffashcraft

jeffashcraft Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ashcraft
    A friend is looking at purchasing a car from Hatch & Sons in Hudson MA. Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with them? He is purchasing the car via eBay and they have a limited rating on eBay.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

no personal history but my observation over the years has been that they seem to deal in mostly Mercedes benz of an apparent high quality. they seem to price their cars at the high end but they may very well deserve it.

what is your friend looking to acquire?

3. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    They only have one Ferrari on their site -- a nice 550.

It's odd that the photos have a 2011 watermark on them. That makes it look like the car has been sitting there a while even though the pics were taken nine months ago.

I've only driven by their place so no actual experience.

http://www.hatchandsons.com/pages/sales/JB142/images/1.JPG

4. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Good guys. They serviced my Merc 500e years ago. They are known locally, I think, as always having great inventory and straight dealings. Good luck.

5. jeffashcraft

jeffashcraft Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ashcraft
    Thanks guys. My friend is looking at a Shelby Cobra replica. Looks like they have some real nice MB inventory.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I know Bob Hatch. Real good guy & a true car guy. I wouldn't worry about his dealership

7. vipprimo

vipprimo Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    I drive by their place Wed and Fri. That Cobra looks nice.

8. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I live local to them. I have never heard a bad thing said...... I know they have been around for a long time. Bob Hatch is a Ferrari guy. They have earned a great reputation. As said before, their inventory holds the cream of the crop. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them.
    Ron Frohock

9. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Ditto!

10. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I've done track events with them, they are quality people.

Good luck with potential purchase.

11. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Bob Hatch and son Jim are old friends, and regular track rat buddies. Hatch used to own a much bigger shop, specializing in restoring, buying and selling classic Mercedes Benz vehicles, with the occasional Porsche, Ferrari, and other exotic and semi-exotic machinery. They were bought out by the Chambers companies, and Bob retired. Which didn't last too long. :) They've scaled down, to give them more time to play, but they always have top quality merchandise, and are very honorable, respectable folks. :)

vty,

--Dennis

12. wrk2ownCT

wrk2ownCT Karting

Nov 30, 2012
    Madison CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Met Bob and son at John Tirrells IFS in South Easton Mass last Friday.. I was getting my F355 serviced (hands down the best guy in the NE in my opinion).. Bob & son walked in i guess they race with John for Team Pilota... Seem like nice enough guys

13. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    John is another super guy.