Portland Cars and Coffee | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Portland Cars and Coffee

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jonny Law, Apr 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    That cobras is fake correct?

2. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Which one? There were three Cobras today at our Cars and Coffee.

The orange one has not been seen previously at our event. It was a Factory Five kit, recently completed.

The silver one is a regular attendee, also a Factory Five kit.

Then the blue Daytona Coupe is one of two considered to be the most accurate copies of the original coupes. The owner owns several unique vehicles, including a street-legal T-1 Lola which he drives on the street while wearing a helmet, and two Ultima GT kit cars which he and his son built.

3. Dr. David

Dr. David Rookie

Mar 11, 2009
    The 1965 Cobra Daytona is a Reproduction of one of the six original Daytona Coupes. The original from which it was copied was actually owned by Carroll Shelby when it was sold at the RM Auction in August of 2000 in Monterey. I had the opportunity to be there when it was sold, and I now consider it an opportunity to own a reproduction of that great car. Another coupe recently changed hands at the Mecum Auction in Monterey in August of 2009. It went for over $7.2 Million! I was in Monterey, but out at Laguna Seca at The Historics when it was sold.

Although the car is a "fake", (don't make me PUKE!) I doubt we will see an original show up for Cars & Coffee. Personally, I think someone would be crazy to drive a $7 million car out of a museum onto our streets full of uninsured illegal-aliens!

Please enjoy the car for what it is: A tribute to a great car and to the great drivers who beat the phenomenal Ferrari 250 GTO to win the championship.

David

4. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    If you are only interested in 100% originals, that would be the C&C in southern California. We are a little more laid back.

5. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Oh know, I completely understand. In fact a very nice gentleman who own's the Finishing touch body shop residing in Fountain hills AZ has painted 4 of the original 6 Daytona Coupes as well as the Super Snake Cobra and the Gulf Livery GT40 (not to mention a Zonda, 2 or 3 250 GTO's and many many Ferrari Halo cars). I mean no disrespect by calling it fake since there is many reproduction and kit car Cobra's here in Omaha.

6. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
  7. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
  8. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Aren't all Pantera's powered by the 351W?

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Lovely Boxer!

10. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    I am not the expert on Panteras. Wikipedia suggests there were both Ws & Cs and even the 5.0 on cars not bound for the US market.

De Tomaso Pantera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The actual production could have been quite different and what has gone on with the cars since is even harder to document.

This one had an amazing rumble as it drove up!

11. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    All Panteras are powered by Ford but the exact engine I am not up on since I am not a Ford guy. I think they were all 351s.

12. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    They were all 351's however the early Panteras (basically the first year only) Were ford 351's which im assuming was the windsor since the 351M wasn't produced till after 74. By the time the Pantera came to the US in 72 they had the 4 bolt main Cleveland Engine 351 (Ford Company based in Cleveland).

13. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
  14. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Yes the rumors of Pandora's winter project modifications have been slightly exaggerated.
    [​IMG]
    Contrary to popular belief she did not join and illegal street racing league,
    [​IMG]
    nor was she car jacked at gun point and found striped in a shipping container,
    [​IMG]
    and she hasn't spent the last several months at Rockstar Games being scanned and measured for the next Grand Theft Auto release,
    [​IMG]
    and by all means she was not shipped to Europe for the latest filming of Drift King of Europe 2013...
    [​IMG]
    but we are entertaining other ideas.

15. PlaysWithItalians

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Delaney told me that she had worked a deal to buy Pandora as her first car, as she would be finally reassembled by 2023.

16. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    And to all those naysayers and doubters, I say "nanner nanner". :)

17. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    They will be paving/spraying the parking lot on Friday and Saturday. The main lot we use will be done on Friday, and the hotel side will be done on Saturday. The hotel entrance will be closed and it has been recommended we use the cul de sac entrance to the north were the water fall is located. Also there will probably be gravel on Sequoia Parkway from the trucks.

18. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Wait.... Did I just see the Law and Pandora together again? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

19. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Yep, back for the summer tour. Feels good to get her out again. Even if the maiden voyage ended in a tow.

20. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    :)

21. PlaysWithItalians

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wait! Did you install a Lucas component on her?

So are you going to drive her to C&C tomorrow, or have her towed back and forth? I'll save you a spot...