Ferraris seen on the road. | FerrariChat

Ferraris seen on the road.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Babylon, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    What about a new thread listing sightings of F cars?

I saw a red Mondial cabriolet yesterday on the M4, westbound at J27 at about 5:30pm. The reg ( I think) was HIL something. Anyone on here?

Mike

2. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I just spent the weekend in Milan. I was very dissappointed as I didn't see a single Ferrari! I was expecting one of the Fashion capitals of the world to be a bit more bling-bling.

3. mark_b

mark_b Karting

Dec 11, 2002
    Leeds, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I keep seeing a Rosso Corsa 355 just behind where i work in Morley, Leeds - parked at the garage - anyones?

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Red 355 GTB spotted on M4 westbound at Swansea, at about 11.00am yesterday (sunday 29th Feb)

5. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Saw a very nice 360M parked in B&Q in Cardiff yesterday. Made a change from all the Volvo estates.

Also saw a 360 Spider in the city centre earlier this morning. See this one a lot. The guy just drives around Cardiff all the time and cant get above 3rd gear. Sounds the business though with a nice Tubi.

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    355 Spider, 360 Spider , 360 CS and 348 GTS spotted in Esher area y'day being driven very erratically......

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    ummmmmm!!! I wander

8. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    you didnt happen to notice if the 348 had either the plate wil or was an L reg did you Tony?

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Craig,
    they were being driven by me, Joe , Wazza and Andy !

10. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    ah, I see, ha. The reason I asked is I never came across another 348GTS when I had mine.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    It's owned by AndyHls on this forum.....

12. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    I was out there for my birthday in January for a long weekend and only saw 2 F-cars. But the Milanoes certainly love their Porsche 996's, they were everywhere!

13. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    This was at a do at our porsche dealer on saturday. The car in front is ours.

[​IMG]

14. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Noony nice 360 Shame about the rest :-(

15. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Hey

There was a GT1 there! Gruppe M were unveiling this season's racecar, GT3RSR.

16. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I deny the "erratcally" bit M'Lord
    It was nice and sedate and well below the speed limit.
    thank you.

Wazza

17. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I saw an absolutely stunning site head down Sloane Street towards Sloane square just as I was coming out of the Cartier shop:D.
    And that's not the red left hander 360 doing u turns in the middle of the busy road (reg M.. ENA)
    But on the back of a low loader was a red vintage Ferrari with BIG Scud badges in usual place on the front wings.
    It was an open top (no sign that it ever had a hood).
    Looked like a Califonian spider only i'm not sure as i'm not very good on vintage cars.
    It had little tail fins running down to the rear.
    Sorry guys about the description as I just saw it as it was passing.
    Enough to make my jaw drop though.

I had to go back into Cartier for a sit down and a cup of coffee after that.

:D:D:D:D

Wazza

18. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    Rosso 355 on the M4 on satuday afternoon
    456 near high wycombe saturday afternoon
    Nero 308/328 driving throught grangetown this afternoon!

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Who was having laugh when you came out?? You or sales assistant??!!!

20. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The 306 with number plae M20ENA is always around there. As I can comfortably afford a few coffees, I often splash out at Oriels. It has a better view of the road than Cartier and I can engage in my favourite hobby of "count how many F-cars will go round the sloane sq" :)

21. tomkranz

tomkranz Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Saw a red 360 a couple of weeks ago at The Point in Bracknell - he was leaving as I was arriving in my Mondial.

Would have caught up and said hi, but the window got jammed at the ticket barrier, and by the time I'd sorted out that mess and the barrier had gone up I could hear him blatting it down the dual carriageway :)

Brave man, though - I thought I was chancing it leaving the Mondial outside Halfords in Bracknell <grin>

Cheers,
    TOM

22. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I think the sad person in B&Q was me, I know I was there on Sunday...isn't everyone.
    The poser driving around Cardiff in 3rd is reason enough for anybody to give an Fcar driver the 'bird'. Probably his fathers.

23. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David

Robbo it was the B&Q in Pontprennau. The car had a distinctive number plate with some ingenious spacing of the letters!

The guy in the 360 Spider ownes Williams Cars in Penarth Road I think. He used to have a 355 Spider and just crawls around the city centre. In the summer he goes through town, Mermaid Quay, Roath Park and any other place there will be lots of people and young fanny.

If that's what he wants then fine but personally I think it's criminal to own a car like that and have the Brecon Beacons and some of the best driving roads in Britain half an hour from your door and not drive them.

I will give you a wave if I see you again. Usually in a blue S1 Elise but will also soon have the use of the old man's silver 456 which he picks up next week.

24. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I remember seeing Ken Thornes son driving a blue spider up and down Penarth road at full pelt....just before the liquidators moved in.

I was on my way to Brecon 7.45 Saturday morning, for a proper run etc, but needed to go to Bridgend first and spotted the ice on the verge along the A48. I'll try agin this weekend, weather permitting. The car was built for roads like these, not for St Mary Street with an arm out the window, shades on heading nodding with the beat etc.
    The 456 is a beautiful car, the thinking mans Fcar. Hope you enjoy it.

25. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    Yes, Andy Williams is always driving around Cardiff posing in the spyder, one of my customers also owns a 360 spyder, reg is WES 1! His dad used to own a F355 & F50!