Scud Squeaks | FerrariChat

Scud Squeaks

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fiorano57, Jun 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Finally received my title today so I took my first ride down to the DMV to get some plates.
    2 problems,1 I could not register it due to a screwed up title. Officer stopped me entering the parking lot, as I only had a Naples Motorsports cover plate on it,lol He was cool, really wanted to see the car.

The real problem is/are the squeaks/rattles coming from the right side dash but sometimes it sounds like the middle too. It does it less on the highway (smoother road).
    In search I have found a variety of answers from Shock screws, control arm bushings,sway bar bushings and links and even windshiel seal? It seems like this problem exists in a bunch of scuds and 430s in general. It really seems like the sound is coming from the upper dash(close to the windshield).
    I understand there is a bunch of CF in the scud but this is crazy. There is no way that this is normal. I have a ramp lift so Iam going to check it tomorrow. Any things I should look for
    specifically? I wish my lift was non ramp so the wheels could hang but I will check for cracked bushings.
    I looked under the dash and cant find anything abnormal like a loose piece of ducting or loose parts.:( This will drive me crazy and now I cant even drive the car until they get me a temp plate next week!!!!
    My car has 3,600 miles on it.
    Rant Over

2. John NY-Naples

John NY-Naples Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    New York
    Congratulations! I also have squeaks in my 430 spider when driving on uneven roads, like turning into a driveway or going over road humps. If you figure out how to fix it, please post the answer.

3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Are they raddles or squeaks? ...open the battery panel near the passenger foot well and check that there are not any loose screws/debri; use a vacuum cleaner hose to sweep-up any loose material. I had small raddles and found several screw which where bouncing around there.

4. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    I had this and it sounded like the dash, the suspension, the windshield, and really bad--both sides. For me, it was the sway bar bushings. It is so relatively easy to fix, you may want to just rule it out. You don't need to remove any panels Unser the car either....just one front wheel at a time, two bolts, slide the bushing out an inch, brush on some lithium grease (2 bucks at WalMart), 40 minutes, and done. I was happy and amazed this simple thing could cause so much noise.

One thing fixing this did was allow me to hear a minor squeak from the glovebox, also fixed!

Good luck.

5. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
    #5 Zxgarage, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    I had the exact same problem and the fix was as described above!

7. John NY-Naples

John NY-Naples Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    New York
    Ever since this thread, the squeaks were irritating me to no end. So, although I would have bet a lot of money the squeaks in my 430 were coming from the dash, I took it in to be checked out. My tech called me to say the squeaks were coming from the sway bar bushings. It's really amazing how much the squeaks sound like they are coming from inside the car.

8. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Had also exact these squeaks (Scud). Not the sway bar bushings were the initiator (we replaced both), but the spring seats.