Moni's now open in North Richland Hills | FerrariChat

Moni's now open in North Richland Hills

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Jul 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #1 AnotherDunneDeal, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    My wife and I just returned from trying a new Italian restaurant in NRH. We saw the name Moni's and remembered the one on West Randol Mill in Arlington and wondered if there is a connection. Turns out there is a definite connection. The one in NRH is owned by Brett, the son of the owner of the one in Arlington.

It is well worth the visit. There was not a big crowd so we did receive some special attention, especially since I asked about the one in Arlington. It is not just a Joe's Pasta and Pizza style place even though it is in a strip center on Highway 26 across from TCC.

8447 Boulevard 26, North Richland Hills, Texas 76180. 817 281-6664.

www.monispastapizza.com

Prices were good and the food was very fresh. I had the Tortellini Michelangelo and enjoyed it very much. My wife went with her standby of a Stromboli and said it was excellent.

If you want a new place to go that is low keyed, affordable and has good service you need to check it out.

BTW, if you go ask Brett the owner, how it went when he attempted to race a McLaren F1 in his '95 BMW 325. Yep, this is the guy who was a kid back when I had the McLaren. He pulled up beside me and asked if I wanted to race my kit car against his BMW. He kept on and finally my wife encouraged me to shut him up. Light changed, McLaren F1 was gone. The acceleration caused my son to be slammed back against the seat and I thought I had hurt him. I pulled over to check on him and had time to stop, take off the seat belt and turn to see if he was okay. About then Brett comes by under full throttle in the BMW.

I had not seen him in about 15 years until tonight. My wife was in the car when the story occured and when she saw him at Moni's tonight she asked him over to the table and asked if he had raced any McLarens lately. He looked hard at her and then at me and a big smile broke out........Not in about 15 years was his reply........ahhh, the memories of those days...

Anyway, go by and visit Brett and give his restaurant a try. He is a car guy and loves to talk about them........

2. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #2 AnotherDunneDeal, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. geojorgiae

geojorgiae Rookie

Aug 14, 2013
    hey

i have visited that restaurant and i really enjoyed there , i had a great food there and also the place was very clean. i hope in future i'll visit there again.

4. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Amazing looking car!