Anyone know this CS? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this CS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Monteman, Aug 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I'm interested in a CS and this car in particular. The FChat community has served us well in these cars and I'm hoping the seller is a FChatter is or is known in the community. Anyone familiar with this car?

Ferrari : 360 Challenge Stradale in Ferrari | eBay Motors

I found it in the registry but the last updates appears to be in 2011. Any and all help is most appreciated.

Monte

2. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Looks to be a very fine example. I suggest contacting the seller via message and ask him if he's an Fchatter. Someone who takes good care of the car like that appears to have been is probably on here.

Also, PM Stokpro. If anyone will have the skinny, it'll be him for sure.

3. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I did both and just waiting to hear back. Looks promising. Thanks for replying.

4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Monte, email me the vin and I'll run a title history report for you when I get back from my trip. Got some spares left over because I bought the 5 pack.

5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Monte,

Are you keeping the F355?? Or just adding to the stable???

Miss you back east!

6. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Probably parting with the 355. I'm starting to get too many cars but there is a wide range of cars there so they all get driven. I don't know how much the 355 would be used if I move forward with a CS. It's been a great car though. Stay tuned.

7. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Are you only looking only for a red CS because there is a nice clean silver CS with low mileage in the classified section.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Back on 15 October 2011, Tetsuo H (THonda) of Long Island started a thread about (t)his car having 14,999 miles, and he joked that he'd lose $10K in resale value once the odometer crested 15K.

The CarFax checks out, showing two previous owners, with the last odometer reading reported at 19,764, 05 July 2013, at a New York inspection station where it passed safety and emissions inspections. CarFax provides other details about service and maintenance at Wide World and FoLI, after spending six years in FL (presumably with the first owner).

9. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I was intrigued by this car and may still contact the owner. I had my heart set on one of the red colors but we'll see.

10. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I'd love to hear the forum's thoughts on this to see if my concerns with this car are well founded. The two things I'm worried about are the clutch and headers based on the mileage of the car (21,000 miles). My own personal experience tells me the clutch really won't last much longer. I don't know if anyone can attest to something different but the F1 clutch doesn't seem to last any longer than 25,000 miles and this is a more expensive service than the belt service on the 360. Secondly, Ferrari doesn't have a good reputation for long term life on the headers and it's probably starting to head into the world of requiring new headers in the next couple of years.

Trust me, I'm fine facing both of the issues as long as I make sure I take it into consideration in the price of the car. Overall the mileage doesn't bother me because the car has been well maintained and I tend to drive my cars a lot. Because I do drive them a lot I know I'm likely going to run into these issues quickly.

I'd love to hear from actual 360 owners if these are valid concerns or not?

11. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    Don't forget the very expensive carbon ceramic brake pads. I changed mine at 22,000 miles and I believe it was about 4k-5K to replace all 4 of them. Got to love the Ferrari yellow box price tags.

12. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    mine is squeaking right now. Bringing it in next week. Is there a generic replacement instead of brand brake pads?

13. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Pagid makes a pad that is a drop in replacement. However the brake sensor may need to be tied back as they do not have the facility to clip it in place.

PAGID - RACING BRAKE PADS 2013

14. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    IT IS DONE!

THonda and I came to an agreement and hopefully the CS will be Santa Barbara bound in the next week or two. Thanks to T for being so good to work with and the fellow FChatters and Bradan for their advice. Can't wait!

15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    What!!!??? Talk about a quick trigger!

Congrats Monte!!! Enjoy that Beast!!

16. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Nice, glad she is staying in the f-chat family. You are going to love your CS...post your impressions after you drive her!

17. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Deleted - duplicate

18. nickbeez

nickbeez Karting

Apr 11, 2009
    Denver, CO / NO, LA
    enjoy - that's a great looking car. I was kicking around and it's nice to see good cars go quickly.

19. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Congrats! Beautiful car. Always love red especially on a CS.

20. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    I love Rosso Corsa.

Nicely done and enjoy in good health!

21. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Congratulations Monte! I knew you were looking for one and I'm so glad to see you landed such a beautiful CS. Now we can have all three beautiful cars lined up at C&C.

22. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    #22 Monteman, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Actually there will be four with Bill and Vida's. 1% of the US CS population in Santa Barbara ;-)

23. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
  24. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Congrats Monte! I strongly recommend you keep the 355 though :) they are two very special models and the driving experience is so different that if you can its well worth it to keep them both.

25. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    If I had the room I would but I'm overflowing in cars right now. The wife has always been a big supporter but she said go ahead with the 355 but something else has to go to make room for it. Love the thought though.