The Daytona is not loved. | Page 16 | FerrariChat

The Daytona is not loved.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by amenasce, Aug 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Is it still true that Daytona unloved? Seems to be reversing that trend?

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sloooooowly. More and more cars advertised for $450-$500k+ nowadays. Still. Considering Dinos are now 300 to 450k, i still think a Daytona should be worth much more.

3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    hi andrew. like you i dont get the price gap between the dino and the daytona but it is what it is

5. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    In the U.K. $300K is top money for a Dino and there seem to be plenty on the market. But Daytona's appear thin on the ground at the moment and the price for the only one I can see advertised is the GBP equivalent of around $600K.

Whether this Daytona prices is a one off, what it eventually sells for (if!), how the next cars for sale are priced will be interesting to see.

But it does seem as if affection for the Daytona is on the increase. How could it not?

6. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    It does appear that there are few Daytonas being advertised at the moment ,you do see a few in Hemmings though.

7. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Thats quite an unusual description...would be interesting to look at Daytona prices in 1986 and look at prices today.

9. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I think they were around the same as today at around £250-£300K and climbing in the UK. Obviously that sort of money went a lot further in those days.

10. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
  11. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  12. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Love it!

13. 330GTMK2

330GTMK2 Rookie

Jan 16, 2013
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Edward Brown
    ...at least they'll be two Daytona's in the pre'66 Goodwood Revival car park!

IMO - the Daytona continues to be much undervalued, alongside several of its contemporaries...Aston DB5, Muira etc...

I think there are some owners who are hoping/waiting to see what happens in the next three/six months (more especially after the LHD "Platinum winning" coupe price in Monterey)and others like KP, Grant, Matthew and myself who couldn't give a hoot, because their 365GTB's part of the family!

E

14. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Ha my Daytona isn't allowed in as a Sept 73 car it's not tax exempt until next year!

15. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    That is a stunning looking car but the steering wheel is on the wrong side, how does that work?. Bit surprised no one else noticed really.

16. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #391 miurasv, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Yes, it is a stunning Daytona. It may be a mistake in the Dick Lovett text and first registered in France in 1974 as it was supplied by Ch. Pozzi who was the French importer of Ferraris. It's a late Daytona if it was. It may also have came over from France to the UK in 1974 by someone here wanting a LHD car, though Maranello Concessionaires did supply some LHD cars too I believe?

17. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    I'm digging that color-looks darker than Rossa corsa-what color is it?

18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Matt.
    Just had to renew the tax on my 73 car, I had heard there where some changes afoot, but the DVLA new nothing when i phoned them! I only bought it for 6 months though, just in case it does change.
    Ps Great colour combo, on the Verdi car. £500,000 could be cheap in a few years time, with saving accounts giving 1.5% there is no point in leaving your money there, but at that price, you would have thought, they have fitted another reversing light!

19. SteviePPS

SteviePPS Karting

May 11, 2013
    EU
    Full Name:
    Steve Warson
    Wow, that is an awesome colour combination! I'm surprised it works so very well on the modern Daytona lines.

But Vredesteins? On a Daytona? Those must be the storage tires..... If not it makes you wonder if they skimped on any other items.

20. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    I have read a number of times that next year the tax exempt threshold moves on a year to 1974 i.e. '73 becomes exempt. But I have re-taxed until June 2014 and I have no idea how it will work in practice but I am not expecting to be paying tax next year.

21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    The Sprint Classic Vredesteins work well on a Daytona. Ask Matthew (Daytonafan). His dad has them on his Daytona.

Along came a (Daytona) Spyder | Drive Cult

22. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I believe the new threshold starts from renewals after 1st April 2014 which as the tax runs out on mine in February is annoying.

23. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Great thread and good to see the Daytona getting some more love these days.

24. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think that was a great idea to pull this thread back up.
    Heck, for sub $400K on a Daytona, looking back, I woulda/coulda/shoulda bought multiples.

colombo2cam likes this.
  25. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I too interested reading back thru the years....we have seen The Rise & The Fall thru several cycles. Nothing like today's FRENZY tho...Mecum broke single event sales..$200M...with several cars posting world or near world records; MBZ Steel bodied Gullwings....nice, run of the mill examples; 2.4 & 2.7 Million respectively.
    All makes, models up up up & Beyond......EXCEPT...in relative terms...our DEAR DAYTONA...

So, what is Old is not new...just the same..The Daytona is Not Loved, well maybe by 'The Market'....but I certainly Love MINE #14029.
    Please post or direct any history of information you may know about my car.

Looking forward to Cavallino, displaying on the lawn, not judged. Man, what a CF THAT is turning out to be.
    Best,