Ferrari's at goodwood revival? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's at goodwood revival?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ricardo, Sep 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The TDF Max G drove (#0733 GT) is not owned by Chris Evans.

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #52 miurasv, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    Actually, TdF 0733GT is not the car at Goodwood driven by Max Girardo? TdF 0733GT is blue.

3. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Thanks. My bad. Seem I misinterpreted the message, plus the 860 max raced is (or was) owned by chris evans right?

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I think the problem w/ achieving the balance between getting the historic cars w/ provenance to exercise on the track, but not harming them, is extremely diffficult. The problem lies, I think, with the term you used - "competitively race". Racers will be racers, and when the red mist sets in, the odds of contact increase enormously.

I think Kim/Enigma has accurately predicted/observed that "vintage racing" will increasingly become the domain of replica racers, and the historic cars w/ provenance will either stay home or, as we do, be exercised on tracks but not raced. There is absolutely no upside for us to put our car, whose body is 90% 1955 Scaglietti aluminum, at risk in a competitive race setting.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Max Girardo drove 0773 GT (NOT 0733 GT) at Goodwood.
    As for 0604 M (the 860 Monza), he did NOT drive it as the brake pedal fell thru completely and consequently he said no to the owner. Both cars are NOT owned by Chris Evans.

Marcel Massini

6. theowinstone

theowinstone Karting

May 27, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Theodore Winstone
    Formerly property of a recently passed friend of mine Charles Daniel. From the stories he told me that was a hell of a car. RIP

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Charles Daniels of Warlingham, Surrey, purchased 4561 SA in September 1964 from Ronnie Hoare CBE/Maranello Concessionaires.

Marcel Massini

8. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Hello Km,

Sorry to correct you but I do race......but perhaps lately more with my brains rather than my balls as the latter seems to be very expensive.

Ciao
    Oscar

9. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    +1 Misrepresentation and replicas go hand in hand. Sadly the Goodwood organisation aides this by allowing replicas on the track.

As you can see by this example there's no need for replicas when there are real ones available. I can understand Goodwood when they allow Jan Biekens' Sharknose because there are no original ones left, but a TdF is a different story.

10. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    I agree with my friend MiuraSV. Tell it like it is- its pretty simple my friend. And you might have to look up the word what disrespect means while your at it...

11. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Surely they are all ferraris so what the issue! I for one don't care if the cars have original air in the tyres or original piston rings, Goodwood and any other race event is about the racing and putting on a fantastic show. The only issue if you misrepresent what you are describing leave all this nonsense for the concours boys and girls.

These are race cars and are for driving ask someone who drives the cars not the polishers who have THERE man trailer there cars from show to show. All the owners and drivers should be thanked for a great show

Just my rant!

Sean

12. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I did not mean for this thread to move into this direction, but I wonder what would have been said here if:

1- Alesi bent the gto as much as the bizzarrini a few years back was bent

2- when that gto traded hands and some auction house failed to mention that it had a replacement chassis built after goodwood 2013

Again, I am a bystander trying to form an opinion on recreation vs original, so I still see valid points both ways, both see no way a original unmolested car can remain as such if its going racing.

13. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    +1

14. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    He did say it was a rebodied tdf. To be honest it would be really impractical to refer to his car as a xxxxx rebodied as a tdf every time he mentions it.

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Absolutely AGREE.

Marcel Massini

16. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    +1. End of story

17. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The knockers need to get a grip he is the at Goodwood with a Ferrari racing at the revival I for one wish Kim and thank him for showing his Ferrari in the rain!! (ferraris don't melt in the rain)

18. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    if I may I watched every lap and Max Girardo drove his ass off drifting out slightly every time on the last corner where I was standing !! great stuff !

Gary
    Espada
    EtypeFHC

19. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #69 miurasv, Sep 16, 2013
    The point is it's not a rebodied TdF. "Rebodied TdF" means a TdF that's been rebodied. The correct "shorthand" and practical terms would be "rebodied 250GT PF", "TdF Recreation" or "TdF Replica." Longhand - "250 GT Pinin Farina Coupe rebodied in the style of a 250 GT LWB Tour de France."

20. Ricardo

Ricardo Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    That's what I am talking about. It's kudos to max for doing that, but it could have gone wrong. Wouldn't it mean that if someone that owned such a car and cared about its originality, etc wouldn't risk it in such a way?

21. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Sorry for the typo it was indeed 0773GT. Otherwise Max DID technically drive the Monza. He started the race from the pit lane and sensibly retired after one lap.

Regards, Kim

22. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    At the risk of bringing this back on topic wasn't there also an F1 car present - 60s v12

23. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #73 Terra, Sep 16, 2013
    My bad for the typo.

24. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thank you.

25. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Get a life !

My post was to the FChatters not to the general public.