Changing 308 Interior | FerrariChat

Changing 308 Interior

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by BayouFerrari, Sep 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BayouFerrari

BayouFerrari Rookie

Sep 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Clint
    I am trying to buy an 84-85 308 GTS US model, Red with Tan interior. Price 35-45k range. Probelm is, this is pretty hard to find. There are plenty of nice models to buy if I go with a black interior. So my questions are simple: Can the interior color be changed from black to tan? Are there specific shops around the US that specialize in this kind of work? Any idea about the cost?

Any direction you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Kind Regards,

2. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
  3. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Interesting. I've got an '84 red over tan and had idea they were difficult to find, figured it was a pretty common combination and found mine fairly quickly.

I'm sure it's possible, but would require replacement of everything in the interior except the vinyl dash and armrests - seat leather, carpet, door panels, rear and targa top fabric. It will add up.

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I've heard rumors that Connolly is back-in-business, and tanning leather the 'old' way using that fragrant dye us '80s guys know and love....

You can get new 'Factory' interior kits, and there are used interiors available from Ted Rutlands and Ferrparts if you prefer a more 'broken-in' look. Also there are these folks:

Re-Originals, Inc. - Restoration Headquarters

5. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    I'm looking at an 85 308 with cream doors seats and console. I prefer black. Perhaps a possible trade?

6. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Almost every car I've gone to see has been red on tan, and I'm after red on black - but where are those cars??!?!