Aston Martin DB MkIII Exhaust | FerrariChat

Aston Martin DB MkIII Exhaust

Discussion in 'British' started by Maeter, Sep 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maeter

Maeter Karting

Nov 13, 2001
    Good afternoon,

I have just purchased a 1958 DB MkIII and will be installing a Quicksilver twin-pipe system this week-end. Would somebody kindly post pictures of the underside of their car showing the correct installation and brackets as I am going from a single pipe system to the twin one?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Pascal

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini Karting

Sep 3, 2008
    Granite Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth D. Lawrence
    The early DB 2's used a drop rod method comprised of a drop rod syste located at top by two rubber donuts and washers and the bottom had two conical washers attached to the exhaust system, The Mk 111 had a later engine the DBA and the exhaust was hung much like the DB4's, however, the chanch of finding a car with the origional hangers would be slim to none. This is simply because during the time that they were in daily use the owners aparrently did not want to spend the mony nor the waite time for origional parts, they seemed to use the local muffler shops who were a quick and dirty lot and they used the after market hangers. All of the chassis were the same and all of the mounting holes should be there.
    The best bet for you would would be to look at the parts nomenclature on the (Aston Service Dorset) web page. Iam sure that you know that Aston Service Dorset bought all of the parts/remanufacturing rights from Am many year ago when AM was in one of many bankrupt positions. So if you are looking at Autheticity this would be the place to purchase the necessary parts that are available.

Trust this is some help. Cheers kdl

3. Maeter

Maeter Karting

Nov 13, 2001
    It turned out I did just that but from Four Ashes Garage and should have it all tomorrow. Then Saturday will be the big day! I was looking for some pictures of a current system as a guide to what we wanted to get to.

Pascal

4. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA