XWX offer | FerrariChat

XWX offer

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Longstone Tyres, Oct 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

we presently have a special offer on our sister web site. if you follow this link Michelin XWX and buy on line. when you get to the shopping cart put the term " RubberGoods " into the discount codes and it will give you a very good discount.

I'm afraid this offer will not last for ever.

Dougal

2. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Thanks!!

3. Darren C

Darren C Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2011
    Chichester, UK
    What is the discount % ? I'd prefer to know before registering with the site and committing to the purchase as I may not be happy with the price. Many thanks

4. todaxyz

todaxyz Karting

Jul 16, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Looks like the discount is 10%. I almost bought them, but noticed that they added a 20% tax bringing the cost per tire to $502 (used 1.6 $ to pound). I then went to the regular Longstone website and there was no tax added so the price worked out to $456 ea. Both sites offered free shipping to the U.S.

Dougal, why the tax on the sister site and not on the Longstone site?

Tom

5. Darren C

Darren C Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2011
    Chichester, UK
    #5 Darren C, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Thats VAT (Value Added Tax) in UK which is 20%.

You should be exempt if the goods are purchased and shipped outside the UK.

My best guess is that the website was set up without consideration of countries outside the UK, so it automatically adds the VAT.

10% discount is not too great either. Considering just a few years ago these tyres were around £60-£80 each, then all of a sudden they jumped in price by over 500% just because they got re-classified as "classic"

PURE GREED

Thats all it is.
    Forget the excuse that they sold off the moulds and are made in small batches now. It costs almost no more today as it did then to make each tyre and besides when the price went up by 500% the demand NEVER dropped. It does make me mad!

6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    price for 225/70/ vr15?

7. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

If you answer the questions in the shopping cart section it will calculate your costs, to suit you.

you will find that the cart will update itself as you put more imformation in.

when you put the discount code "RubberGoods" in then click the "APPLY COUPON" button it will calculate your discount.

When you tell it where you are in the "Estimate Shipping and Tax" section it will do exactly that.

This is a European web site. I't's standard setting is to calculate what tax rate you will pay if you are within the EU.

IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION YOU WILL NOT PAY THE 20% UK VAT.

you can do all this is the shopping cart without making any comitment and it will give you a price. start from the Michelin XWX page and follow it through.

It is Important to us to make sure we look after our customers and give them the best service we can. It is not in our interest to have unhappy customers; so if haveing had a go on the web site, you are concerened that you have made a mistake or bought something you don't want, follow it up with an e-mail and we will make sure it all works out.

If you hate buying on line and it makes you want to throw your computer out of the window swearing and cursing either find a small child to do it or ring us 00 44 1302 711123. we are open 9 - 5:50 Grenwich mean time.

Dougal

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Cola came out my nose and is all over my keyboard - thank you for the humour!
    LOL

9. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #9 Longstone Tyres, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Darren C

Darren C Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2011
    Chichester, UK
    "There was 4 but Dougal had to sell one small child to buy some new tyres"

11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  12. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Longstone and Michelin have just run out of the 215 / 70 VR 15 Michelin XWX . however if you want them, just go ahead and order them. we will send them when they turn up. i have been told by Michelin that they should be available at the beginning of November. Then it takes about a week to get to me from France.

If you like silly old cars, this is a short film of me making a fool of myself in France.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT0Y1wOMnuY&feature=related]Frazer Nash tête à queue... - YouTube[/ame]

13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    225/70 vr 15 price?

14. Darren C

Darren C Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2011
    Chichester, UK
    “Dougal suddenly discovered that the bearded man in the Bazaar who he had sold his small child to, had given him a fake set of tyres”.

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #15 synchro, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. NoECUs

NoECUs Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    William Harrod
    Longstone/Youngtimer provide fantastically good service. Ordered four 14" XWX's on Saturday and they arrived in Austin TX on the following Thursday.

17. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    I have just placed an order with Michelin for 215 / 70 VR 15 . The new production of 215/70VR15 Michelin XWX should be with me in 10 working day (ish)

All the prices are on the web site. Put "RubberGoods" into the discount code and it will calculate your price. so follow this link for 225 / 70 VR 15 Michelin XWX

18. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    The 215 / 70 VR 15 Michelin XWX are in stock again. they were made in the 42nd week of 2013. they don't come much fresher than that.

Dougal