Looking for FCA volunteers..... | FerrariChat

Looking for FCA volunteers.....

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, Oct 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    One of the things I (and others) would like to see, is more impact, events, and value to the FCA (Ferrari Club of America) members in other parts of Florida...

We do have members and enthusiasts based all around the state that complain there is nothing happening around them..... well, things dont just happen....it takes volunteers and people to make things happen!!! Unfortunately, those that complain, rarely step up......

So.....we are looking for volunteers to spearhead events, get togethers, or anything fun outside of the south Florida area. This would possibly involve starting a FCA chapter, or at least having the FCA behind you.

The job is unpaid, thankless, and frustrating at times.... but, if you are a true enthusiast and enjoy making things happen, it can be fun!!

Anyone who is interested, please email me at [email protected]

:)

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #2 BT, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    I will post a reply since I feel bad nobody else has. Fred, I am afraid you are entering a losing battle here my friend. You should change the thread title to "Have Ferrari, will travel (to other areas of Florida)."

:)
    BT

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Fred
    I'll volunteer but you all need to come to my house to take advantage of it

4. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Fred,

May I suggest that you have people check into events that the FCA can piggyback onto. No real organization effort beyond getting an announcement out to the members.

I got involved in my chapter (Missouri & Southern Illinois - aka: St. Louis) by way of asking if our group should do a particular event. They said no but if I put it together then they would be happy to do the announcement. I put it together mostly to prove it could be done. You may want to look at making the direct challenge to those that are sniping.

Jeff

5. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Yes, working on some 'grass roots' piggyback already ......

The challenge is, if there are events that anyone can go to then why join the FCA.... I am trying to bridge that gap as well.

The FCA offers the club, name, insurance, and helps get any organizer in the door that perhaps they may not on their own. But, it has to be people with the Ferrari passion to make things happen!!

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Lol.....well, at least you know BT and I will be there in the spring!!

7. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I've looked into joining FCA, but not having a car, have never pulled the trigger.
    Are the benefits worth it for non Fcar owner? I know this site has been awesome at introductions and learning more about the cars.

8. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    YES! There are lots of FCA events you can attend and great people to meet!

Scott

9. Alesnik-MD

Alesnik-MD Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    West coast FL
    Full Name:
    JPA, MD
    I would volunteer. There does not appear to be a whole lot going on in the Tampa area as far as the FCA. There are non-Ferrari C&C type events at Suncoast Porsche (Sarasota, an hour away), duPont Registry and Reeves Imports but that's about it. I don't often hear of anything involving F of TB either.

10. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I was pretty active in Maryland in FCA. When I moved here three years ago, I was surprised that FCA was not so active here. Not at all in fact. Here, the FOC has events and seems well supported.

I am not sure of the clubs positions, other than it is obvious they are aware of each other. I can vaguely remember hearing something about how they are hanging out where they are. And that I think a possible merger was discussed at some time for a brief time.

I do not see any competitiveness, or plans for expansion though both clubs would love more members.

I would not be willing to be seen as a disrupter. A role I sometimes like. I chose to join both.

Just don´t tell the Ferrari Clubs Secret Police.

11. J&B

J&B Rookie

Jul 25, 2013
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jacki & Brian
    Hello to all! We recently moved our cars to Florida and look forward to getting more involved. I've been tracking the Florida region section and it seems that most of the activity is Orlando/Tampa, S Florida, so figuring we will have to drive for most events.

It would be fun to figure out if there are owners in the Jax to Daytona area and plan some "easy" events to get started??? That would make the drive to the larger events more fun as well.

Happy to be in an all-year-round driving paradise!

12. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    There are some owners up around Jax. Most are in south Florida, with the west coast between Sarasota and Tampa second. I'd say Orlando third. Some good shows around, and Amelia is close to you.