New 2014 Stingray | Page 20 | FerrariChat

New 2014 Stingray

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by leead1, May 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Spotted a white one today on Constitution ave in DC. I think it looks better in person than the pics but unfortunately in rush hour traffic wasn't able to hear how it sounds.

2. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Lee, interesting that you were not impressed when you saw it in person. I expect to like the looks even more in person than in photos, but it is a base car and simply won't keep up with the performance variants of the C6 that you own and have owned. That's why I am waiting and I also expect the performance C7 will be even more interesting looking.

I will wait. My Z06 is just fine.

3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #478 leead1, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    Keith I was disapointed when I saw the car in person. It is not an ugly car just not mind blowing, Maybe my expectations were to high. I picked a beautiful color for the vette I ordered, do maybe that will help. The car also has some very sexy trick technology in the car ,even the base model.

The Utub videos I have seen and heard made the new vette sound fairly good. You are wise to hold for the performance models to show up. My hope is it will handle better than my 2013 427 convert I just bought and will keep even when I get the C7. The good news is I like driving that '13 Vette.

We will see :) What normally lights my passion is how are car feels and handles, power would be nice :(

yes, your ZO6 is just fine

Best
    Lee

4. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Saw my first one today, white. Really looks nice. Came up on it in traffic and from a distance thought, "what is that?"

C5-6 were smooth and flowing, this one much more chiseled. Great car.

5. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Long live the stick!

Two out of five Corvette Stingray owners going manual - Autoblog

6. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My neighbor just took delivery of a yellow one. Not my favorite color for this car but its sure a looker.

If it wasnt a corvette it could easily have a $150k price tag on it.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #482 TheMayor, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    I just finalized my spec for a Convertible today. Metallic red with a tan interior. I expect to get it in Feb.

I'm throwing in the kitchen sink and its still only coming in at $72K. I bought my Maserati spider in 2002 and it costed me $100K.

The Vette is a bargain for sure. But, that's it's point -- and why they sell 20K of them a year just in the US alone.

Metallic red paint for a Vette: $990. Metallic red paint for a Ferrari: $27,000.

Back up camera for 458: $3500. Back up camera for C7: Free

Sat radio antenna for 458: $3700. Sat radio antenna for C7: Free

Electric memory seats for 458: $3800. Electric memory seats for C7: Free

Cruise control for 458: $3000. Cruise control for C7: Free.

You decide. :)

8. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012
    You can tell the dealers baby the hell out of these things. Sure, touch the ZL1 or the SS, but the C7 had huge "DO NOT TOUCH!" signs on it, lol.

9. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Not to mention things you can't even get on a 458: Heads up display, cooled seats, keyless start, no gas guzzler tax, etc.....

I drove a C7 briefly at the Houston Grand Prix this weekend. Great improvements in the interior, and the shifter/clutch/steering wheel felt great. Can't wait to get one on the track at Spring Mountain in a few months!

10. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    And you can but it in a manual if you want which I did.

best

Lee

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #486 F1tommy, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Saw one on the street this weekend. The yellow is a little much but the car looks nice in person. I think the GM styling department needs to stop watching the Transformers movies!! The tail lights are the weak point.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I bought a manual too.

So far, 40% of all the orders from customers have been manuals. However GM predicts when it's all said and done it will be about 20%. They say early adopters are more hard core. Hard core people at more likely to order a manual and a lot of options.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Too many black grilles is the real weak point.

14. Sld7

Sld7 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2010

No doubt it is a tremendous bargain and the Z07 will be even better.

However I drive a Ferrari for a reason......regardless of the cost of options.

Ferrari is a symbol of greatness.

A Corvette is a automobile.

15. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    fixed.

16. Sld7

Sld7 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2010
    I agree.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #492 TheMayor, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    I agree but I am getting really tired of being ripped off from Maranello. There's one thing in paying for something spectacular. There's another thing for just being greedy because you can. It's not unusual for a 458 to have a total options cost that would buy a brand new Lexus.

Honestly, that's ridiculous. Sure, I pay it. That doesn't mean I have to like it. And when it doesn't work (as the HVAC sucks on the 458 spider and would be an embarrassment in a Kia) I end up saying "WTF am I paying for" -- and end up disliking it. I don't think I'm alone.

Is there anyone here who will stand up and say Ferrari's option costs are worth even half what they charge?

"Crickets".

Do you really think a Camry could charge a 15% premium over the MSRP ($3500 on a $22K car) just to have electric seats? Do you really think the electric seats in a Camry are that inferior to what Ferrari puts in them?

The Corvette is replacing my Maserati. It's not a replacement for my Ferrari. But, that doesn't mean we can't appreciate both for what they are. And, it shows rather clearly that Ferrari's option costs are simply ridiculous and will be so as long we we keep paying for them.

18. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    In Australia it does have such a price tag.. if not a little more.. you have to be VERY determined to want one compared to what else you can get for the same $

19. Sld7

Sld7 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2010
    #494 Sld7, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Listen I feel your pain. I just paid $4k for a cup holder and $3k for some paint lines on my doors.

But at the end of the day Ferrari has all of their 2014 cars sold already and probably all of their 2015 cars as well and to my knowledge no other car manufacturer or any other major company can say that.

And Luca wants the brand more exclusive so it's only going to get worse.

However their is a flip side. The 458 has the best residual value in the world. Not bad....

Ya we pay for some options but we get all of our money back.

Not the worst deal in the world. I own every exotic marque and no one else can claim that.

Bottom line is I own all the new model Ferraris (5) and are on my 3rd FF which has to be a record and still smile every time I press the "start" button"!

Yes it sucks but it is what it is.....

If it makes you feel better I just got this for $58k!

Nice little car but it doesn't include power seats! (It's an option)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. opencollector

opencollector Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    CA Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Cruise control is optional? How much do they want for intermittent windshield wipers?

21. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    I'd appreciate we get back on the topic and let new owners share their experience with the C7. Thanks.

22. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I passed a truck with a load of brand new Vettes last week in Orlando. They were wrapped up in cocoons, similar to what Audi does. It was a nice touch.

23. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Does that mean you are giving up on the 4C? I saw a review of the 2014 Stingray on Veloce and it was very positive. Even the gas mileage is quite impressive for a high performance car - something like 17/27/21 (maybe?).
    Jes

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No, not at all. I'm trying to get a 4C but I'm not sure yet where to get one and when they will arrive.

The C7 is to replace my Maserati spider with something more modern that I can get around town in. The 4C is a return to my roots as I cut my teeth in Alfa's when I was just a kid in college.

I'd still like to get a classic F or M car.

25. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good for you. I think both the c7 and Alfa c4 are excellent choices in terms of modern cars. As for old ferraris get a 308 gt4--it was good enuf for lauda! If you want a 12 cylinder as was mentioned on your "done with Ferrari" thread a silver 550 would be a great choice as they are fairly reliable and don't attract too much attention.