Atlanta Italian Car Day Show OCT.12 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Italian Car Day Show OCT.12

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jeffdavison, Sep 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Atlanta’s Annual Italian Car Day! (Updated 9/6/13)

Saturday, October 12th, 2013, 10 AM to 3 PM

Atlanta’s Italian Car Day celebrates our 17th year of Italian automotive style; exhibiting private collections of the finest exotic Italian cars at Lillian Webb Park, 5 College Street in historic downtown Norcross, GA. The event includes the car show, marque awards, a raffle and silent auction. New dealer cars and merchandise will be on display to add excitement & opportunity for supporting vendors.

Saturday, October 12th, 10 AM to 3 PM, (Show cars should arrive before 10 AM)
    Downtown Historic Norcross, GA at Lillian Webb Park, northeast Atlanta.
    Show vehicle registration $25 at gate, spectator admission free, lunch on own
    Post show reception at Landmark Fiat of Atlanta from 3 PM to 5 PM

Marque Trophy Awards:
    Class trophies (1st, 2nd, 3rd):

Alfa Romeo / Ferrari / Fiat / Lamborghini / Lancia / Maserati / Pantera (DeTomaso)
    Open Class (Unlisted marques)
    Italian Cycle

Additional Awards (single trophy):
    “Best Modified”
    “Car I’d most like to drive home.” (People’s Choice)
    “BEST OF SHOW!”

Sponsoring vendor’s name is engraved on each trophy, includes promotion during the day. Owners of registered vehicles receive a voting ballot for each marque.

Photography
    Each car will be photographed upon arrival at gate. Photo CD available. Please enter the park area from the intersection of Buford Highway at Britt Street and come up to the top of the hill toward College Street (in front of church) to get your photo first before parking!

Raffle Prize Donations
    Italian Car Day sells raffle tickets during the event for $1 each. Vendors will display their donation, product or service to all participants and spectators. All donated items should be marked by the donating vendor and displayed on tables near the event tent. Please make donations of at least $30 in value, gift certificates at least $50 in value. Vendor receives public address promotion & recognition immediately before the awards.

Silent Auction:
    Vendor may display an item or certificate for the silent auction, setting a minimum bid price for the item. The minimum bid amount will be returned to the vendor after the show has concluded. Silent auction forms are provided by ICD. For example, a $100 value gift or product may have an opening bid set by the vendor at $75. Amounts bid over the $75 minimum support Italian Car Day, the $75 minimum bid amount is returned to the vendor. Vendors get excellent exposure for their product or service with a guaranteed return of value. All items not making minimum bid will be returned to vendor. Continued…
    Vendor Display Area:
    Vendors may secure table space to display of their product or service if needed. All donating sponsors may display their literature or catalog on a table dedicated for that purpose. Vendor space will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
    All sponsors receive their name, phone number and/or web address on the car registration placards. All sponsors receive public announcement recognition!

Special Room Rate at Hilton Atlanta Northeast in Norcross:
    Coming to Atlanta from out of town? Wish to stay the night before or after the show? We have secured a great price at the prestigious Hilton Hotel Northeast in Norcross for only $79 /night (plus tax) for a single king or 2 double bed. We also have junior suites available in corner of hotel (two window sides) and feature a king bed for $94 /night. All rooms include free Internet and 20% off morning breakfast at the hotel!
    Stay the night before on Friday night October 11th and/or stay after the show Saturday night October 12th. The hotel is only 1 mile from the show venue!
    Hilton Atlanta Northeast, 5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross, GA 30092
    Call 770-447-4747 to reserve a room, mention “Italian Car Day”. See web link:
    ITALIAN CAR DAY
    Please contact John Montgomery for more show info. Thank you for your support!

John Montgomery - ICD Coordinator - Phone 770-932-2380
    E Mail: [email protected]

P.S. Don’t forget the Euro Auto Festival at BMW Mfg. in SC the following weekend! Euro Auto Festival Ferrari is the featured marquee this year!

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    WOO HOOO! Can't wait!

3. Melons

Melons Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2013
    I'm In!

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I will be there

5. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    #5 AlfaRick, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Now here is an event I'd like to take my kids. If I'm not on vacation count me in. If any of you guys want to hand wash their own cars that morning, I will have my brother open his car wash up for you early that morning. We can use his vacuum and his water/supplies. Or if you feel lazy and just want to lounge out, I can have him send his manger to wash the car.

7. Mike Shine

Mike Shine Rookie

Dec 1, 2010
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If anyone wants their cars detailed for this event, let me know. We will most likely be out there in the Carrera GT. As we do not have any Italians at the current moment. lol.

8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    just a bump so y'all dont forget :)

9. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    there is a lady at my office that sells a special recipe hot sauce that is really really good. I told her about the car show and she is now a sponsor. her hot sauce stand will be there at the car event.

Brian

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Hot sauce? That reminds me of the old Alka-Seltzer TV commercial: "Mamma mia, that's a spicy meatball!"

11. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Looks like fabulous weather. Y'all come!

13. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What's the admission for those who don't have an Italian car but want to look at some?

EDIT: Ok, just saw "spectator admission free." See you there!

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    No doubt this will be a record crowd due to the weather.
    I hope there will be enough parking for all the beautiful cars.

15. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Fiat mafia showed

16. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Original 4V Stratos here. Fabulous. Pics later

17. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Fantastic turnout today. Great meeting all of you! Some great cars out there today. The Stratos won best in show and crowd favorite, rightfully so!

18. 55 Is Unsafe

55 Is Unsafe Rookie

Jul 1, 2012
    Cartersville, GA
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    That Stratos was incredible. I just wish I could have stayed longer to take in its Group 4 Awesomeness.

19. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    where did all the panteras go? it was a good show but I have to say I liked the old kurts event better. maybe because you could walk around with a beer.

but.... I did buy some pretty good hot sauce!

20. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    #20 Ferraripilot, Oct 12, 2013
  21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The weather contributed to a large turnout; I saw the entry sheet late in the morning and it indicated 96 registered vehicles, with probably a few later arrivals bringing the total very close to the century mark. We had Lillian Webb Park pretty full and latecomers had to park in the street in front.

One trend I noticed for most marques was: fewer older model cars. For instance, usually we get some classic '60s vintage Ferraris, with the wooden Nardi steering wheels and Borrani wire wheels, but this time the oldest Ferraris there were a couple of carbureted 308 GTBs. The only older model Lamborghinis were the familiar indigo-colored Urracco and a red Countach, and the older Fiats were outnumbered by a large number of the current 500s, many from an out-of-state contingent that was heading for the Dragon after leaving Atlanta. As expected, there were few motorcycles (2), as other candidates were probably attending the vintage bike event at Barber.

Registration was a bit late getting started; at 9 AM there was a long line of cars heading uphill on Britt Ave, backed up almost to Buford Hwy. Once that was taken care of, parking was generally quick and efficient, and most of the usable space in the park was filled up. At lunchtime, some of us headed up the street into downtown and ate at various places; I had a bountiful plate of baked ziti at Paizano's, enough that I took half of it home!

The silent auction, door prize and trophy announcements were made fairly early, since a wedding was scheduled for the park's lower level at 3 and we managed to vacate the premises expeditiously. As pointed out, the blue Lancia Stratos took the Lancia award (by default), the Car I'd Most Like to Drive Home award, the Hottest Car award (voted on by kids only) and the Best of Show award (voted on by everyone else)!

Photos coming a little later.

22. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
  23. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    That montreal's color was great wasn't it. Thanks for the pics.

24. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    #25 pingi3, Oct 13, 2013
    My wife and I went for a drive this morning and had our own Italian day. So annoyed I had to miss it. She felt bad for making me miss the event yesterday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login