PRICE VALUE 348 CHALLENGE | FerrariChat

PRICE VALUE 348 CHALLENGE

Discussion in '348/355' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    What is the a good ball park price for a great 348 challenge?This car has a new engine, block and all, receipts for 35K+ M gears and trans (10K+), 355 mod suspension, open exhaust, full interior, plus challenge modification, carbon wing. Lots of spares, including 315 rear wheels for street use.

My purpose is to have a "street racer" and occational track car. I enjoy driving, and have no desire to own an investment grade car at this time, as it appears that the two do not coexist? Although this car looks good, it could use paint and some body restoration to be concours. This car was also a former challenge series winner. Lots of spares, awsome performance, I can't stop smilling from the howling sounds this car made as we tore through the countryside, not to mention from being pinned in the carbon fiber challege seats! What a weekend!

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Tough call from what you describe.
    To have a true Challenge back to Concourse...LOL will never happen.
    This is not the yellow one, is it?

Open exhaust is extremely loud.

New engine and tranny....hm, makes me think how bad the car was tracked.

Martin

3. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    David,

As Martin inquired, is it yellow and is it Jay Lopez's car. If so he has put a ton of money into it and while I can't speak for the cosmetic condition of the car, he did have Washington Motorsports (Racing arm of Ferrari of Washington) do the engine rebuild and tranny rebuild which means it's top notch work.

Jay also had a 360 Challenge so he wasn't one to cut corners.

Martin would be the one to comment on price but since it's been raced it can't be worth more than 45K at the high end (this takes into account the engine and tranny work) and 35K at the low end for this car.

Most 348 Challenge cars that I have seen sold in the past year 30-38K.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Not to hijack, but my take is the 348s were street titles.

Is this different from the 355 and 360 Challenge cars?

Would a street legal version of these cars (add mufflers) be possible? TIA

5. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.

All 348 C's were converted street cars with titles. Some (pre-96) 355 C's came with titles (thought they were not street legal in Challenge spec) and none of the 360 C's have street titles nor can be made street legal.

Regards,

Jon