Congrats StL Cards! | FerrariChat

Congrats StL Cards!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PhilNotHill, Oct 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Beat Dodgers 9-0 to move on to the World Series.

As a commentator said after the game: If Puig wants to learn how to play his position (RF) all he has to do is watch tapes of Beltran in this game.

Another commentator said: the Dodgers looked like a little league team tonight.

MVP was pitcher Wacha A ROOKIE. And the Cards had a 15 game winning pitcher that never even pitched in the series. wow.

Cards lead the NL in Pennants = 19 and leads NL world series champs at 11 so far.

note that 20 0f the 25 on the roster came up through the system...not a bought team.

Looking forward to Cards getting World Series #12. Go Cards!

2. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #2 PhilNotHill, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  3. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Kershaw should have been yanked. Now the Red Sox have to wrap it up tonight or it's going to effect the rotation.

Congrats Cards-4 WS appearances since 2004 is damn impressive!

4. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Also, only thing I was pissed about is the win moved the Sox/Tigers game back to 8pm-same time as a certain NCAA showdown. Now my wife is going to drive me nuts with the TV

5. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Now that was a series! 12 in 13!

6. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #6 PhilNotHill, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    LA is a big payroll team...$220 million per year.

Cards have 20 out of 25 on the roster coming up their farm system. Anybody know what their annual payroll is?

I Googled it.

LA has the biggest payroll at $220 million.

Cards are mid-pack at $102 million.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/name/stl/st-louis-cardinals

Cards will play Boston. Thus: if you have a D in your name you lost (Dodgers and Detroit) :D

7. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    What a GSlam from Victorino last night-this is going to be a great series

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#8 Ricambi America, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was at game 6 on Friday, and it was electric.

I'm headed back on Saturday for World Series Game 3 (StL home game #1). :) Love me some Cardinal baseball. I think my son and I have watched 150+ games this year, and traveled to St. Louis 5 times for games.

It's hard to believe Enterprise Rental will still allow me to take their cars after the miles we've put on them this summer!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Those are great seats-good for you. You don't even want to know how much $$ the equivalent WSeries seat is going for at Fenway right now! I may have an extra ticket coming my way for wed night-but it's a long shot. Never seen a WS game-it's supposed to be cold and rainy but that's why they sell beer-fingers crossed

10. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Would have been a pop fly out in Busch stadium and any other park in the majors.

4 games are scheduled for Fenway...the Cards have to deal with it. Boston has an advantage as they know how to play the Green Monster. :eek:

11. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    You're spot on-and funny thing is nobody mentions the advantage when you haven't won in 86 yrs! Nobody will mention it now either because bball has bigger issues: A-Roid, etc

This one is not going to be a sweep for either team-these Sox are not the team from a decade ago but they are a blast to watch. Can't wait!

12. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I have tickets for Saturday's game at Busch, and am taking my 8-year old son. My wife is absolutely furious that I'm taking him on such an extravagant trip (well, not really luxurious -- but indeed expensive). "Furious" is an understatement.

My reasoning? I remember, as CLEAR AS A BELL when my Mom took me to the 1982 World Series (Cardinals vs. Brewers). It was absolutely a 'defining' kind of event in my childhood and I've never forgotten that I was there with my mom -- knee high to the other 55,000 in attendance, and cheering my little heart out. I don't think we took any photographs of that night (a shame, really), but I'll certainly never forget it.

I hope my son has a similar experience and, like me, remembers it for the rest of his life.

13. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Good for you. He will never forget it.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Glad you're listening to your inner voice - you'd be furious with yourself if you didn't have ambitions, let alone actual resolve to give him this rite of passage.

15. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    This is what it's all about!

16. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  17. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I am a boston fan since birth. I hope for this to be an exciting series as long as my boys are victorious;)

18. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Good catch on the cough drops! Looks like a picture of Napoli.

Rough came for the Cards last night but this thing is far from over. If Lackey wins tonight I'd give him the MVP right there even in the Cards win the series! Lackey has taken a beat down by the fans (me included) until now. What a turnaround. He still sounds like a muppet but looking at this cough drop team he fits right in!

19. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
  20. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Apparently the Cards recovered from their jet lag. :cool:

21. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Last night it was the Sox turn to look rough-and not just the beards. Lackey put in a good showing and Breslow throws a fastball into the left field stands. I never pitched but it has always fascinated me when pitchers do that-you can always see it coming! Peavy is next-he's due for a breakout if he can shake the fans and local media out of his head-but we don't make it easy here!

22. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    ..that double steal won them the game..if if if..anyway good game..go Cards.
    Cheers,
    RE

23. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that was awesome! The Cards don't have particularly fast runners, and I think they were next to last in total stolen bases in the regular season; so to see an aggressive double steal in the WS was fun.

24. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Seems to me the Cards have to pitch around Ortiz. he leads the NL in post season HRs and RBIs.

I would not give him a pitch to look at. Sorry.

25. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    National league park-I asked my boss yesterday if we should consider starting Ortiz on the mound and start Peavy on first. I wonder how Papi's cutter is-

Even with Ortiz on first the sox defense couldn't be as bad as it was on Thursday! Bucholtz is def hurt so peavy really needs some solid innings tonight