308 heater hose | FerrariChat

308 heater hose

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Doc, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    I was inspecting the condition of the heater control hoses last night and noted that the main hose which runs the length of the car terminates at a fitting on the front fire wall , from which a smaller hose begins.

My Q is this: does this fitting allow any coolant to enter any hose / chamber/ mechanism inside the cockpit or is it just attached on the outside firewall and merely serve to transfer coolant to the smaller hose at that juncture?

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    My car has only one hose from the heater box to the engine. My guess is on your car, the previous owner had a problem with the section of the hose in front of the firewall and just cut and spliced a section of the long hose because it is a lot easier to do that than to replace the 15 foot long hose all the way to the back.

3. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    Yep- me too. There is one single hose from the heat valves to the engine. It's only know to me because it's blue and stands out like a sore thumb.

4. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Thanks, guys, but I must not have been clear with my question. All of the hoses on my car are original. The q is : where the heater hose terminates at the connector at the front firewall--does that send any coolant into the cockpit area? That is, are there any hoses or mechanisms inside the cockpit which have coolant circulating through them?

Thanks again.

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Someone with a QV can clarify for you. My guess is (since I do not have the same care you do, but I believe it is the same heating system) the coolant only goes to the heater boxes inside the boot, and the hot air goes inside the cockpit via the big air hoses. Therefore, no coolant travels through to the inside of the cockpit