killing the red led light on 355 | FerrariChat

killing the red led light on 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by hummerboy24, Oct 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hummerboy24

hummerboy24 Karting

Sep 5, 2012
    Winston-salem
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Can someone tell me if it does happen to me, where to access the alarm so I can change out the battery in the 355? if I do change it out will I have to reprogram anything or should it just stop the led that stays on while the car is running? thanks

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The Alarm ECU is on the driver side of the trunk, under the trunk liner.

3. hummerboy24

hummerboy24 Karting

Sep 5, 2012
    Winston-salem
    Full Name:
    Tony
    ok thanks...Would I have to reprogram anything if I changed the battery? what size battery is it? Thanks

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Look for any number of previous threads - the alarm sounder 177148 is a three hundred buck module - the diy chop & rewire is possible - there's been a photo thread in the past - some folk get success with a corvette module - no reprogramming should be needed unless you isolate the main 12v battery in which case the radio will need it

5. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Can't the poster turn the power supply off under the hood passengers side under the 10x 10 inch cover?

6. hummerboy24

hummerboy24 Karting

Sep 5, 2012
    Winston-salem
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I was going to cut the battery switch off before anything just wanted to make sure I did not have reprogram the key fob