My Boxer Arrived Sunday! | FerrariChat

My Boxer Arrived Sunday!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Great weekend, Isringhausen Delivered my new 512 Boxer # 49473. It is as clean as they come considering it has only traveled 90 miles a year for 20 years...I believe the mileage of 1800 to be correct..the true tell tale sign is the piping on the drivers seat and seat bolsters...virtually as new. the inner wheel wells where dirt would splash up onto.virtually new!the inside cup of each wheel where brake dust and crud would gather and cake, nothing.the chrome sills when you open the doors, not a scratch.The lip of the front spoiler and under towards belly have never scraped once, dirt laden but unblemished..this car is a candidate for concours preparation, just needs weeks of elbow grease to bring to standard.
    For cosmetic sake only, I am looking for the following new old stock parts. If any one could chime in on where to start looking,I would appreciate it.
    LOOKING FOR!
    1. Pair of new black(I believe vitiloni Boxer left and right Mirrors) with ferrari emblems as original.
    2.Pair of ( I believe Carrelo) front boxer pencil beam fog driving lights.
    3. The big amber orange front bonnet marker lights, just ahead of the pop up headlights.
    4. set of 4 amber/ red tail brake/directional lens.
    5. In front bumper 2 clear small rectangular lens, marker.
    I have been out of the boxer parts market, so please list who has good supply of parts in US. thanks will post more pics when I can spend some time with car. Michael

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Don't know about the US, although I have replaced all my 308GTB tail lights within past two years. I'll ask my tech where he found 'em.

Try Ferrari UK on this stuff. I'd think they'd have it all!

Best wishes on your new toy! It looks great. You lucky dog.

'course someone forgot to paint the bottom half Black! Hee hee hee

3. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Congrats on your purchase! Very beautiful Boxer you have there! Awesome.
    Do you have more pics of it??

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Congratulations, BBs are awesome cars. I would be concerned about the milage though. Have you started the engine ? Do the seals leak ?

Are you going to be driving this car or is it just for Concours ?

5. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I will not let this beauty sit in garage...what I really want is a concours driver!(Who Doesn't)!

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, those lights up front below the headlamps are neither fog nor driving lights. They are daytime passing flashers and only come on while you pull the headlamp lever toward you to warn the car in front of you that you are about to pass. They do not stay on. That info is in the OM. I have always wondered why Ferrari put rear fog lights on the BB512i, but no front fog lights ? Great looking car. Be sure you have a major service done before you drive it . In fact, with that low of mileage, I would flatbed it to the shop for the major out of caution.

7. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This particular car has been owned by the owner of Isring hausen for the past 5 years, and before that owned by the owner of ferrari of Atlanta for 4 years before that....30,000 mile service was already completed as well as new clutch, waterpump,all hoses, brake services etc. It has been in cost no object hands for the last 10 years....If I had to perform that service now, 25 g's would drop in a heartbeat. OH! I hit red line in 3rd gear north bound on palisades parkway last night, It's A screamer! OWWWWWWWWW!

Michael

8. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    congrats, where are you located, I have done many a trip up the palisades, just be careful of the cops, its hard to stay at 50 mph

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Believe it or not, Algar in Phila. had some old stock of boxer parts that suprised me, when i owned one. Call Mark Cedrone at Algar (service manager) and ask him to hook you up to their parts guy, who is an old world guy.

10. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Wow, what an incredibly beautiful and near perfect Boxer! Definitely a good purchase at any price (well, almost any). The only thing you need now is a Sammy Hagar disc to play while you drive around. :D