College Football (NON SEC ONLY) 2013 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

College Football (NON SEC ONLY) 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BT, Aug 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Word on the street is that the NCAA ruling is coming out for Miami tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Go canes!
    BT

2. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    NCAA sanctions don't help anybody. College Fball has been through enough the last few yrs and this program has already done enough with self imposed sanctions last yr, etc. Good luck Canes.

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    My take is that if the penalties are severe then nobody will cooperate with the NCAA in the future. Given the circumstances and reaction by the university I don't think we could have done more to help the NCAA. If they try to screw us over we will end up in court, and other schools will look at cooperation as the worst possible reaction.

:)
    BT

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Woot! Penalties include voluntary bowl bans (already done voluntarily), reduced prospect visitation and contact (already done voluntarily), scholarship reduction from 85/year to 82/year for the next three years. Some basketball stuff too, but it mainly involves former coaches that aren't at Miami now. Golden has been recruiting well even with the cloud of uncertainty hanging over us previously. I am looking forward to what he is going to do with this resolved.

GO CANES!!!
    BT

5. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Canes almost got caught looking too far ahead but man that O line looks solid. Both teams will be ready next week. I hope it's not close next week because the Canes have pulled out a few of these this season!

6. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    I like the 'canes but jeez, they are becoming the Cardiac Kids. Golden must've aged five years already with squeakers like these latest ones.

Then again, I'm a Clemson fan and I'd gladly trade these squeakers every week for the massive disappointment that Dabo gives us each and every year.

7. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Cardiac kids is right-Did you see Golden right after the last game?!

Most likely the Noles are going to have play these guys twice this yr. Playing the same team twice is one thing but given the history here does it have to be Miami!!!!!! This really is one of the great rivalries and I've been to this game too many times to ever look past Miami-they will be ready

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    GO CANES!

That is all....

BT

9. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #109 4re Nut, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
  11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    GO Canes!!! Fingers are crossed!!!!!!!!!!

12. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    When is 8pm again?!!!!!!!

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Hey, you didn't come to collect your props yesterday! Huge win by the Cardinal. We all now know who is THE best team in the Pac 12. Too bad they had the misstep versus Utah…you could be in the driver's seat for a BCS berth.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Thanks brosef huge win but a little too close for comfort at the end. So happy with how we dominated the line of scrimmage and time of possession. Don't count out UCLA in pac12 championship!

15. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    I thought the Noles might be a little sleepy after Thursdays 'gift'.....35 pts with 12 min to go in the 2nd. Now the D is a scoring machine also. Where did this D come from?!!! I know it's Wake but I hope the keep some of the gas in the tank

16. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Trolling this thread...

ROLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!

17. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Well, another year without making it to the ACCCG. This was the least I aspiring effort of the year. Sloppy all around. We truly don't deserve much respect. UGH.

GO CANES (even though we are sucking eggs right now).

BT

18. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Great UT v WV game!

19. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Oh nooooooo. The Canes are starting to act like my Clemson team coached by Dabo The Disappointer.

20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Sloppy Sloppy Sloppy Canes!

21. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Beat by Duke by 18... In football... That'll sting.

22. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    It sounds ridiculous but I'd rather the Noles play Miami or Vtech in the ACC championship than Duke right now-and it's up to Duke now. No offense to any huge Duke football fans but these guys are playing way above their game right now-and this is not the time of yr you want to match up with that sort of team. Miami played well enough to beat them yesterday but Duke just kept scoring at the end

23. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I guess this Duke game was payback for the basketball season for Miami. I would prefer we keep the Dukes as basketball kings, and let us win in football...

That USC game was pretty exciting!

I knew we were going to lose to Duke as soon as VT lost to Maryland. Once the opportunity revealed itself we made sure not to take advantage of it. It is a recurring theme the past 5-6 years.

BT

24. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Get ready for the comeback of the year folks! Miami is playing at home versus a terrible UVA team. UVA has only beaten one AQ team this year, and I think this is setting up to be a win for Miami! Granted, nobody on our team has beaten UVA in the past three years, but that trend is going to change Saturday. I look for a big Miami win. I'm calling it now.

Miami 28
    UVA 26

GO CANES!!!
    BT

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Desperate Times!!! It has to happen!