fair price | FerrariChat

fair price

Discussion in '348/355' started by porscheracer01, Dec 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porscheracer01

porscheracer01 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    what is a fair price for 1990 Ferrari 348 TS with 23,000 miles? good carfax record
    it will need a belt service
    rosso corso with tan leather interior
    original paint and no dentsTubi exhaust
    new clutch
    new altenator

2. 355redcar

355redcar Karting
    BANNED

Feb 21, 2013
    should be between 20 to 30 grand, depends

3. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    So funny.. The original window sticker on my 1991 348 TB is over 100k and when I drive it people think it's worth more than that, yet the New Honda Accord they are driving actually costs more:)...kids always ask me "are you a millionaire"?? LOL LOL. 348's are a lot of car for the money these days IMHO.

4. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
  5. gaw111

gaw111 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2012
    Rainelle WV
    Full Name:
    George Wheeler
    I've seen beat up, in need of repair for $25K. If the car is in good shape, needing just a belt service, $30K at the least. One that has been taken pretty good care of, I agree with Bruce, $35K. Is this your car we're talking about?

6. whyte

whyte Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    Merritt Island, FL
    Full Name:
    John C
    20-50k depending almost entirely on condition, cosmetically and mechanically, and how good the salesman is. :)

Mid 30's seems to be the sweet spot for a solid car that needs basic maintenance and a major.

If you are the buyer, cars sell frequently before a major since those costs can range from $4k - $10k+. Be aware of that range when a price is adjusted based on "needing belt service," since you would be assuming the +/- $6k risk here, not the seller.

If you are the seller, I'd say 35 to start but be willing to adjust based on the above if necessary.

Good luck either way!

7. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
  8. ssnowball

ssnowball Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2013
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Scot
    Hi there, I just finished up the purchase of a 355 spider and followed the lead of many here on the board by finding a neutral third party to do a PPI on the car, including a leak down and compression test. Although the PPI is not a guaranty that things will not go wrong, A thorough rundown of the car by a pro familiar with Ferrari's gave me snapshot of the condition of the car as well as noting those items that need to be taken care of. When negotiating the PP make sure that the agreed upon price is based on a clean PPI.

Keep your head and know that once you find the right car for you, you will be in for one hell of a ride. Took my family members out for a spin last night and hope that the authorities do not see some of the video my kids took when we hit the California freeway at 10pm!

Good luck

9. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I guess at some point a person has to sell these but every year I keep my f1 gives me more reason to never sell it and just buy another. Maybe I should be on hoarders lol? Price keeps going down and enjoyment keeps going up.

10. porscheracer01

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    yes it is my car for sale. i received numerous offers below 35k from brokers, etc.

11. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Retail no less than 35K in clean condition with low miles and desirable red/tan red/blk colors, even if it needs a $5K belt job.

12. ff355b

ff355b Karting

Feb 26, 2010
    I've said this numerous times here in different threads, come sell your Ferrari in Seattle, you can get your investment back.

13. dkilka

dkilka Formula Junior

May 8, 2007
    Australia
    I started out considering selling my 360 due to lack of use......... I ended up buying a F355!

The market is so low for these type of cars at the moment that I just couldn't bring myself to sell the 360 I've owned for almost a decade. In fact when I investigated the market I couldn't help pick up a 355 as well!

I agree with the gent's earlier post the 348's are one hell of a lot of car for the money!

Given the increase in new price the 458 has over the 430 can we really expect these cars to depreciate much further? Personally I can't.

14. porscheracer01

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    advise noted...not going to move her for less than 35k...

15. GarageWarrior

GarageWarrior Karting

Aug 15, 2013
    Westerly, RI
    Check ebay completed auction prices. I was bidding on one that was clean, but needed a belt job, and it sold for around 29K. $28-$30K I think is a fair bottom line price.

16. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah find out if it actually was paid for.

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #17 Meister, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Which ebay car was that? Just curious.

I agree, I think if one looks hard enough they should be able to find relatively up to date and serviced car in the $30-35k range. Pristine examples obviously more. Yet 348's that need TLC and service realistically should be in the mid-high $20's.

Sellers need to be realistic that it's a buyer market for 348's right now. They made 8K of them and there are a lot of car options out there in the $30-$40k price point most of which do not require the committment to upkeep that a ferrari does.

18. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm right there with you. I say collect them all, drive them, never sell. These rock bottom prices on some of the older models are a dream for me. Can't wait to pick up the next one.