College Football 2013 | Page 26 | FerrariChat

College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GrigioGuy, Dec 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That looks like the nail in the coffin. FSU v. Auburn anyone?

2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's game... Thank you Sparty!

Folks at Alabama might not be happy tonight but plenty of folks in Alabama are... WAR CHICKEN! :D

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Go SEC!!! Glad my bcs pick was wrong. :)

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #629 PhilNotHill, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    TOSU was:
    Slow
    couldn't pass 101 yds
    couldn't defend against the pass MSU 304 yds

Glad we will have two deserving teams in the nat'l championship game: FSU and Auburn.

Not really surprised: TOSU never played anybody and their coach stinks.

I hope the Little 10 gets killed at the Rose Bowl. As usual. Go Stanford!

MSu did not look like the #1 defense in the country giving up almost 300 yds rushing today. :eek:

Life is good.

5. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #630 PhilNotHill, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    BCS Bowl Projections

Nat Champ FSU v Auburn

Orange Clemson v TOSU (Hope Clemson kills em)

Rose MSu v Stanford

Sugar Bama v Okla (I feel sorry for OK)

Fiesta Baylor v UCF (UCF?)

Oregon? I'm Ducking that one. ;)

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #631 No Doubt, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Maybe, but historically the Cotton Bowl would push for Oklahoma and Baylor (almost a home game, makes easy ticket sales, etc.) and the Fiesta would pull for Oregon (similar logic). Ditto for the Orange Bowl trying to snag two East Coast teams.

Bama gets their pick...could easily choose to play UCF in the Sugar Bowl if they want a gimme, or someone else if Saban wants a different region for recruiting/other purposes.

However, I could see:
    Nat Champ: ... FSU v Auburn
    Sugar: .......... Bama v TOSU
    Cotton: ........ Baylor v OklU (theOhio State and OU could flip/swap their Sugar and Cotton Bowl berths with each other, too)
    Rose: ........... MSu v Stanford
    Orange: ........ Clemson v UCF
    Fiesta: ..........Oregon v South Carolina (battle of the birds)

7. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

OK, so here are some facts. First, you have to eliminate SC from the BCS, because the BCS limits a conference to only 2 teams. That is Alabama and Auburn in the SEC. So SC can't be in the Fiesta.

Second, the first pick after the championship game this year goes to the Orange Bowl. Had Ohio State won, this would mean Auburn to the Sugar Bowl as SEC Champ. And in that case, the Orange would have picked Alabama. But, with Auburn going to the Championship Game, that frees Alabama to go elsewhere.

The Orange would like to Pick Alabama and bring Ohio State there to play them. But the commissioners of the SEC and ACC will fall back and let Alabama (even though they are not the SEC Champ), play in the Sugar Bowl. This means that Ohio State will probably get picked by the Orange Bowl.

Clemson is a virtual lock on the Orange, because of the ACC tie-in. (FL State would normally go there but they are in the champ game.)

So, it looks like OSU vs Clemson in Orange.

The Rose is easy . . . Mich State and Stanford.

The Fiesta . . . Interesting, UCF is entitled to a BCS Bowl and so is Baylor. Look for the Fiesta to UCF v Baylor.

In the Sugar, my guess is Oklahoma v. Alabama.

The Cotton Bowl is not a BCS bowl. The next logical choice is South Carolina v Oregon. But I don't think that will happen. I think Oregon will be in the Cotton, and maybe against Oklahoma State or Missouri.

8. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #633 No Doubt, Dec 8, 2013
    Good point about the 2-team/conference BCS rule...so South Carolina can pitch the Cotton Bowl. Then with Orange having top pick: tOSU.

Nat Champ: ... FSU v Auburn
    Sugar: .......... Bama v Baylor
    Orange: ........ tOSU v Clemson
    Cotton: ........ South Carolina v OklU
    Rose: ........... MSu v Stanford
    Fiesta: ..........Oregon v UCF

Really, Bama can choose to play Baylor in the Sugar or tOSU in the Orange Bowl.

9. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Actually it wasn't - 0.04 was the actual at the time the sample was taken - 0.10 was the extrapolated result. 25% higher than the legal limit.

10. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Orange gets first pick and Sugar gets second pick. No way Orange steps on Sugar's toes and picks Alabama. Their first pick will be Clemson, and Sugar will pick Alabama.

11. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #636 PhilNotHill, Dec 8, 2013
    ESPN's picks...not mine. ;)

Cotton is not BCS so not included. OR and ? SC?

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Those are better matchups than I expected. The only really bad game is UCF / Baylor. Auburn looked great last night, but I would expect they will be the underdog. There have been about 25% big upsets in the NC games, so Auburn stands about that chance of winning I would say. I would give Bama a 50/50 shot playing FSU.

I hope it is a great game, but I think this is the year the SEC finally loses.

:)
    BT

13. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Wow-before yesterday I was picking auburn to edge out osu in the final polls but I didn't think osu would lose. You gotta give the MSU defense some credit and here's the kicker, these guys would be undefeated w/o the ND loss. Irish?!

14. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Does that mean you had FSU losing to Duke yesterday?

15. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    These look right with the bowl ties-Oregon is def getting left out but they lost to th wrong teams at the wrong times-ask Nick Saban for his take on that one

Auburn is bad ass and it's going to be a great game-probably a better match up than Noles vs OSU

16. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    C'mon I'm not nuts-also the majority of my fam that went to FSU would probably never speak with me again (maybe that wouldn't a bad thing haaa)!!!

My bet was Noles, OSU and Aub would all win and Aub would barely jump over OSU in the final polls.

I even picked the Noles covering the spread over the Dukeeees-and they should have scored more without some mistakes. Doesn't matter-it's a W!

17. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Gotcha, at first I thought you meant that auburn would play tOSU in the NC game and auburn would win.

18. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    tOSU drops to 7th in the AP poll.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Baylor can't play in the Sugar. Big12 champs are tied to play in the Fiesta. Just like Big10 and Pac12 champs are tied to play the Rose and SEC Sugar/ACC Orange (if they don't go to the title game).

The 'for sure' games are:

Title - FSU vs. AU
    Rose - MSU vs. Stanford
    Fiesta - Baylor vs. TBD (likely UCF since Fiesta as last pick, see below)
    Orange - TBD vs. TBD (imo OSU vs Clemson)
    Sugar - TBD vs. TBD (Bama vs hopefully Oregon...Oklahoma would be boring, but likely OU instead :()

UCF won an automatic BCS bowl through their conference so they have go to, but are not assigned a particular bowl.

The order of selections is as follows.

The bowl that lost the #1 team gets 1st pick. The bowl that lost the #2 team gets the 2nd pick. Then it goes Orange, Sugar, Fiesta this year for the remaining at-large.

The Orange gets first pick and imo would take OSU because Alabama and the Sugar are more tied, but technically Orange could take them (I'd be surprised). Sugar with #2 pick would take Bama. Orange then likely Clemson for ACC traveling fanbase. Sugar then has its pick of say Oregon or Oklahoma (I'd rather see Oregon get selected) and probably OU since closer to the bowl so more fans will show up (Oregon would make a better game). That leaves 1 lone spot with the Fiesta, which would be forced to take UCF since no one picked them earlier.

20. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Probably what many people thought would be the NC game so that would be a fun one.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I know. :( Would be a fun game to watch. Although Oregon is ranked higher than OU in the AP, the poll that counts to the BCS (Coaches) has OU @ #10 and Oregon @ #12 by just a little. If the coaches think OU is better, the bowl committees might as well. However, the fact OU has a bigger fanbase and more likely to travel given proximity would pick them anyway...like Clemson at the Orange bowl.

I probably won't watch much of the non-title game BCS bowls. Maybe just the Sugar. I checked my schedule and I work the night of the title game. :rolleyes: I hope the patients in the hospital that night are quite so I can catch most of the game. They left me alone lastnight for a decent amount to see the 2nd half of the AU game. :)

22. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    When do the BS rankings come out?

I mean BCS. LOL

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    BCS selection show on ESPN starts at 8:30PM, but I think that's more like pre-show for the real selection at 9PM ET. They won't release them until the bowl games have been announced including the title game.

24. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    lets go with your assumption...

.10 is not anywhere close to 'blacking out' or major loss of motor function. Which is why in FL it is a seperate charge if you over .15 and operating a motor vehicle (and a greater charge as well),

...and that would also assume that she hadn't had a drink in that amount time also...the fact is that she could have been completely sober when they hooked up and then had the drinks after...it's different then someone in custody where you can retrieve BAC 4 hours later and get a true 'extrapolated' number (because of the controlled enviroment with the fact that you know the person hasn't had anything to drink), compared to a situation like this with someone with wide gaping holes in their story...and whom someone that everyone that has interviewed her has thought she was lying.

25. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Oh, and the btw...I used to root for Auburn up until the Mizzou game when I saw one of the most dirty plays I have ever seen in college football when Ryan White was 8 yards out of bounds and threw Henry Josey into the side of the emergency vehicle and messed his back up and then stood over him and taunting him because of it....

Auburn's Ryan White's Late Hit Sends Missouri's Henry Josey into Sideline Cart | Bleacher Report