College Football 2013 | Page 27 | FerrariChat

College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GrigioGuy, Dec 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    That was atrocious. Should have been thrown out of the game and should miss the next game IMVHO.

2. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Why are those carts so close to the field? Not necessary.

Kai

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I agree he should have been tossed at the least. Very dangerous.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It would have been ironic if Alabama had wound up playing Michigan State. I'm sure a lot of people forget that Saban once coached the Spartans.....

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Looks worse than it really was from that angle. The receiver was pulling at the facemask of the defender while inbounds pulling him toward him while the defender was also pushing him out, but both of their momentums took them that direction. If you watch from the other angle, the AU player didn't push with a lot of force while just out of bounds to change his momentum much.

It may have just been enough to make him slide like that, but not as ugly as someone blatantly pushing another person toward an object while they were walking (little momentum and then pushed hard). I can't seem to find the side camera angle...they all show the original play footage.

6. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I saw all the camera angles when the game was on...you have to remember, he was already 4 steps out of bounds when he pushes with his hands and his body and changes the angle that the reciever takes...

the late hit was called, but he should have been ejected because that was wayyy beyond a late hit....and the receiver has his hands around the ball, not on the facemask...

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    #657 BMW.SauberF1Team, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Receiver was pulling his facemask. Both should have been penalized, but the late hit was not a HARD HIT like clotheslining someone walking or just standing still out of nowhere. He pushed him just enough in the same direction he was traveling to make him slip and fall and it happened to be his unlucky day with the cart there. 15 yard penalty? For sure? Ejection...not really imo.

Pic of facemask: Missouri’s Henry Josey says he’s fine after push out of bounds into cart - KansasCity.com

You can see that moment on video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzWbAK8vZg

Edit; And it appears the facemask happened right before he got out of bounds making it hard for the defender to know when they had crossed the line. I don't see any intentions by the AU player to harm the Mizzou player.

Edit #2: Mizzou player also appears to have bodyboarded on a cheerleader's poster when he hit the ground. So that certainly didn't help him slow down before hitting the cart than if he was just on the turf. Talk about a series of unfortunate events that made that happen.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    It still looks really bad to me even in that youtube video...I've debated whether to blow up his personal facebook about it, but I think I am just going to let it go from that standpoint...but I still think it was a dirty play that lead to an even worse situation...

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    ESPN has BCS show on now. They just put out the top 10 and said Alabama is going to the Sugar, but didn't say against what team or which bowl OSU is going to. No word of Clemson yet, but likely Orange bowl. FWIW, Oregon is in top 10, but not Oklahoma. Would love to see Oregon-Alabama.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    No!!!!

Alabama-Oklahoma :(

UCF - Baylor now confirmed as said earlier (no one will watch this game).

OSU - Clemson (wont' waste my time watching that)

Clemson certainly doesn't deserve it. Oregon got shafted. Finished top 10 in BCS, but TWO teams outside the top 10 (Clemson and OU) got in. Wow.

11. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    I agree, these match ups are horrible...the only intriguing one is the National Championship...

12. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #662 4re Nut, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    It is easier to say which SEC are not going to bowls: Arkansas, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee. Of the ten remaining schools in bowls, I honestly could see all of them winning for a perfect 10-0 this year.
    Auburn will be by far the toughest opponent FSU sees this year.
    Alabama will likely crush Oklahoma.
    Ole Miss is a solid team that should beat GA Tech.
    Likewise Miss State should make quick work of Rice.
    LSU even without Mettenberger should win easily over Iowa.
    Duke and A&M will not be much of a game.
    If South Carolina plays to their potential Wisconsin doesn't have a prayer.
    Georgia-Nebraska without the dogs QB should be interesting.
    Vanderbilt is surprisingly good, and will probably be too much for Houston.
    Mizzou and OK State might be the best matchup and closest of them all. Looking forward to it.

14. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    a perfect 10-0 doesn't have a prayer of happening....

FSU will roll Auburn by at least 20 points
    Alabama should crush Oklahoma
    Ole Miss and GTech will be a decent game...I like GTech on this one, just seeing how hard they played Georgia
    Miss State will beat Rice
    LSU WILL beat Iowa
    Duke will lose to A&M by 14 points
    South Carolina and Wisconsin is a 50-50...i think I would go with Wisconsin though
    Vanderbilt will beat Houston with ease
    Mizzou and OK State is another 50-50 game...I really wouldn't know who to pick on that one

I see SEC going 7-3...with FSU and 2 out 3 between Gtech, Wisconsin, and Ok State winning...

15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Mizzou will kill em IMVHO.

Mizzou would beat OK no problem. If OkSU can't beat OK at home, they will have to get all the breaks to stay in the game.

Sorry.

Otherwise I believe you are right on!

Best

16. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Syracuse vs Minnesota in the...TEXAS...Bowl?!

Good God!

The national championship is a good bowl, the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl are OK...but the rest?!

They didn't get the dual rivalries, the dual ratings, or even the dual geography to sell stadium tickets. Ratings disaster.

Awful matchups. Think about UCF and Baylor sending fans from Florida and Waco to Arizona...

17. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Well, you are right. TV rules. To heck with the fans.

Free tickets to get some folks to the stands?

18. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Clemson v tOSU? Really?

19. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Business deals and politics really prevented what could have been a really good post season, IMHO. I was hoping for Alabama-Ohio State.
    Except for the BCS and a couple of games, I think audience will be down this year.

20. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Yes. Bama v tOSU would be fun. And I can understand why tOSU would not want to play Bama. I think tOSU would get killed. :eek:

21. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Not an assumption - reported by CNN.

The sad part with this whole thing is someone should have been charged - either she lied, or he did it. The resulting outcome is ridiculous.

22. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    I will have to disagree - there's a huge difference between dirty and reacting to something - Ndamukong Su is clearly a dirty player. Players who are intentionally trying to hurt the opponent are dirty. White was seemingly reacting to getting his facemask yanked.

Did he over react? Yes.
    Did he know Josey was out of bounds? Probably.
    Did he intend to cause Josey harm by intentionally pushing him into the cart? I seriously doubt it.

The fact is this was an awful lot like the pushing and shoving fights that go on long after a play is dead, only this one was while they were still running at full speed.

If the cart wasn't there, no one would care.

23. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Josh Huff likely ruined any chance Oregon had to go to any BCS Bowl - and that was before Arizona pasted them. The fact is Oregon doesn't travel well - you should have seen how few Oregon fans were in Glendale in 2011. If they won't travel to a NCG and make comments that they aren't really that interested in returning to the Rose Bowl, can you blame any of the other Bowls for not choosing them?

24. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    You think?! LOL!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSL3AY0y6OU]2011 Capital One Bowl - Alabama vs. Michigan State - YouTube[/ame]
    Highlights from the 2011 Capital One Bowl. The #16 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-3) gained 546 yards while holding #9 Michigan State (11-1) to just 171 yards in a 49-7 rout of the Spartans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh9IdVRfMdE]2012 Cowboys Classic - #8 Michigan vs. #2 Alabama Highlights - YouTube[/ame]
    defending national champion Alabama Crimson Tide and the #8 Michigan Wolverines met up on September 1, 2012 for the Cowboys Classic in Arlington, Texas. The game featured two top ten teams but wasn't much of a contest, as Alabama quickly went up 31-0 on its way to a 41-14 victory over the Wolverines.

So there you have recent Alabama vs Michigan and Michigan State games.

Here's Michigan State vs Ohio State:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id-ittICQds]MICHIGAN STATE VS OHIO STATE 2013 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS 34-24 ROSE BOWL BOUND 12.7.13! - YouTube[/ame]

MSU 34 to OSU 24

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    You can't compare the 2011 Alabama team to the team that was fielded this year. There are probably 60-70% different players.

That said, Nick Saban really blew it going for the field goal.

:)
    BT