Recommend me a trailer | FerrariChat

Recommend me a trailer

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 483hp, Dec 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I'm interested in buying a trailer and I want to buy one that I won't outgrow anytime soon as my ownership of exotics evolves over time. I only want to transport one car at a time so I don't need anything that resembles a semi truck. The width and height are big considerations. I'd like to plan for transporting an Enzo since this car seems to present the many challenges all at once. It's width is a shade over 80". To open the doors you need some height and extra width. It's long nose presents some challenges with short ramps. Can you give me a recommendation?

2. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    TPD brand, 3 axle, 20 or 24 ft. Don't listen to critics of three axle scrubbing, it's not noticeable and you will be thankful of those three axles in a crosswind or if you blow a tire. They have a very low deck and ramp. I have an extra height model which makes for a tall door, hence a smaller loading angle when it's lowered. They are not the lightest but they sure tow great.

3. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    I've had two Trailex Trailers and I would definitely recommend them. :)

4. KYROCKS

KYROCKS Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2013
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Kyriacos
    Trailex enclosed.

5. KYROCKS

KYROCKS Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2013
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Kyriacos
    BTW, where in Alberta are you? I lived in Edmonton for 25 years.

6. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    You should consider a Haulmark. Contractors use them alot so they don't shout: "Steal this one!". My Tr fits in it but I had to make some folding ramps because the beavertail was too steep. It pulls great, very strong and weighs about 2300# empty. Remember you are loading only 4000#. You might consider the BRE aero Trailer as it is very aerodynamic, well made but very expensive. Just remember not to cover the trailer with Ferrari stickers!
    FWIW.

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86tr, 99 360 3-pedal

7. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    feather lite aluminum, the light weight makes a big difference, they also have great resale, never rust.

8. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    If the tire wheel wells are inside, have both front and back corners rounded.

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    featherlite

10. Canine64

Canine64 Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2005
    Winner.