hiccup | FerrariChat

hiccup

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by crepsecular, Dec 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crepsecular

crepsecular Rookie

Jun 7, 2012
    My TR has a hiccup at 4000 rpm. Sometimes the engine will not rev above 4000 rpm. It makes no difference if the engine is cold or hot. The TR is a 1990 with 12000 miles. Then the hiccup will just go away and everything is fine for a day or two hours. If I rev the engine in idle to 4000 or above no problem or if under load I rev the engine slowing to 4000 and above no problem. There is no constant hiccup, only at 4000 and sometimes the tech does not work. I still love this car

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Greetings.. Filling out your profile would help a bit.. Maybe a name etc.. Country.. What spec car ex.. US etc.. Maybe introduce yourself with some photos.. We are not hookers...

R

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    :D no, indeed we are not Robbie .... :D

4. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Does the Tach work when it hickups?...it could be the flywheel sending unit..

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Unable to even begin without knowing "What spec" TR per Robbie's comment. Are you saying that 1) the tach stops working, and the engine keeps running for more than ~15 sec, or 2) the tach stops working for very short periods (a second or two) but then comes back?