The 993 comes out to play | FerrariChat

The 993 comes out to play

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Harold, Dec 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Given that I work in Singapore, my 993 usually only gets a work out whenever I return to Perth for my sanity breaks. These breaks can come about every couple of months. However, the last few trips back have been taken up by time driving my little old MX5 as I have gradually been restoring it (you have to love this little ladies car... It truly is a wonderful machine!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't stop sharing the love on that car.... But ok back to all things Porsche for the moment as the MX5 has been getting too much love in this blog recently...

Any way given that yesterday was Christmas, I figured it would be time to really treat the old flat six, so I went to pick it up. Taking it out again after so many months felt like unwrapping my Christmas present early... Even after close to 10 years of owning this 911 (longest car I have ever held onto)!

Unwrapping the old bird....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahhhh that familiar smell that only a real pre water cooled 911 emanates from its leather and plastics...

[​IMG]

Getting the battery connected....

[​IMG]

Fingers crossed that it starts up... (Well I'm pretty sure it will as it has done so over the last 10 years of stupidly infrequent use)...

[​IMG]

MX5 goes into storage (both my cars are kept off site as the place in Perth does not have sufficient storage for my two cars given i stay at my parents whenever in Perth as my place in Perth is rented out)...

[​IMG]

A quick trip to the petrol station for the weeks fuel requirements...

[​IMG]

Then I hit the streets where I see a lovely yellow 993 in the opposite direction. Sadly didn't manage to get a picture...

[​IMG]

Will post more pics as the next two weeks progresses (assuming I don't go back to the Mx5... Darn this weather is good!)

A wonderful New Year and a great and festive season to all....

Cheers,

Harold

2. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Love the Number Plate on the 911. :)

3. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Haha thanks mate! Yeah quite focused on which generation of porker I like.

4. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    #4 ersatzS2, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah, not so happy here in late December New Jersey. Lots of salt on the roads means the 993 stays inside... 40F and raining though, so maybe if the salt washes away I'll drive this week...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Looking very seductive under the covers! What is it exactly mate. I love white 993s...

Australia... The land of salt free roads thank fully...

6. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    #6 ersatzS2, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Beautiful car... And a TT at that...

8. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Great looking car, I had a black on black 96Y 993 turbo 4 yellow callipers and carbon seats and a 600 hp tech art upgrade - what a car!!

Looking at the values now in the UK I wish it was still in the garage, only real problem was sticking waste gates - my own fault never drove it enough!!

Misty eyed now and nostalgic.