Help me find a 355 GTS! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help me find a 355 GTS!

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Eric C, Dec 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes.

2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What are sport seats?

3. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They're very uncomfortable track oriented seats. You'd be best served trading them for the regular seats. I just so happen to have a set...

Just kidding. They're probably one of the rarer and most desirable options you can get on these cars. They're lightweight carbon seats with extra side bolsters and cut outs for shoulder harnesses. If you ever do track or autox in the car, you'll be glad you have them. Plus, they look great. Awesome car, please post pics when you get it. If, for whatever reason, you decide you don't like the seats, let me know...

4. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    #29 Dogdish, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just spoke with the owner. It doesn't come with Sport Seats.

6. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I would kill for those sport daytona seats in my car.....

7. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm not sure I would be happy with those anyhow. My back and legs are too big for most race style seats.

8. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    THAT SF guy is a flake!

I had contacted this guy 3 if not 4 times over a month. He finally responded without answering my questions ...but instead went on and on about cash only, only wants to sell to someone local, must meet at bank, etc etc etc... I even agreed to his terms and he still didn't respond back.

He's either completely paranoid or it's a fake trolling ad.

STRANGE!!!!!!!!!

9. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Congrats! Edward takes very good car of his cars and he knows them well so he will be able to give you a good intro on the car.

10. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thank you! I can't wait to take delivery of it and finally get some sleep!

11. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Eric, if you think your going to sleep once you get it, boy are you wrong! You'll find yourself going to the garage to peek at it. I've driven a couple 355s and they are awesome. Amazing your getting a GTS! Let us know when you take delivery. Hopefully I will see it around. Congrats!

12. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    ^^He didn't get the GTS, Ed wouldn't let that one go :)

13. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yup, I got a GTB.

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Good luck man. Not to be a pessimist, but I've had my eyes open for a red GTS stick for quite some time now. They don't seem to exist, except in the UK where there are more than enough of them to go around. There is only one on here and the guy wants 70k firm. Yikes

15. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Not sure what the "Yikes" comment is about... I don't know if that is a US or Canadien market car but if its a Canadian one (cars in our market are generally about 20% more then the US market) service is current, headers, cats updated with good compression and leak down numbers I would pay $75k without any hesitation. Drive the car with most likely just fluid changes for 5 to 7 years and then do a proper engine out service and enjoy it again for many more years.

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Yikes comment is deserved. It isn't worth 70k firm. If it is everything he says it is then it is a 60-65k car 65k tops. That is the actual market value according to auction. And if I were to call him and offer 63 I know he would say no, so I'm not going to waste my time or his.

17. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Auction values aren't market value. Auction cars have needs. Very expensive needs. That's why they are at auction.

My one of one white GTS is for sale @ 125k, firm.

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#43 Bradwilliams, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    Are you high? A 355 gts for 125k? Keep dreaming my man. Nobody will even pick up the phone to call you. You're wasting your time even advertising that, LOL. Has there ever even been a single 355 to top six figures in the past five years? If so, I'd love to see it. Auction value is market value. Wether it be cars, real estate, coffee, whatever. The auctions set the price, and the offers follow. tack on an extra 3-6 grand or so in markup from auction and you have a close number to real value, wether it be retail or private party.This is evident when the cars don't sell for the inflated asking price. FACT

If you don't think this is true, then watch how long this car will remain for sale.

Ferrari 355 GTS F1 | eBay

And here's a GTS that is on the market for 74k as well. High bid was 46k. Maybe it's worth close to 50, but that's it. They'll never get anything close to this asking price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1998-Ferrari-355-GTS-with-only-18-347-miles-/310818015004?item=310818015004&forcerrptr=true&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item485e32871c&nma=true&si=POP1%252BRwei5IUermmluGkvyEVV38%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

19. 355dreamer

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Let me guess... You're in the market for a 355?

20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

You are seriously on drugs if you are going to list that car at that price, LOL. I am in the market, but not for the one of one white car. I can just go buy a spider and a gts both for that price. And have an extra 10 grand to spend on some fabspeed stuff.

21. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Can we see this one of one white one.

R

22. StickF430

StickF430 Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    Guys I'm in the market for a Manual GTS if you know of one or can direct please PM me. Thanks

23. 355dreamer

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Click on the "my garage" link on my profile.

24. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I already bought a GTB from Ed Zabinksi. Thanks!

25. ndanielc

ndanielc Karting

May 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Well...his handle is 355Dreamer. Can't say he wasn't honest in his self ascribed handle...