The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 37 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    where is Peter's last version? Last I see is Shorn355 which I don't think everyone was 100% on.

the problem with shutting site is if you don't do it right then some might not know why. not that easy to setup or execute properly with internet cookies etc.

I was just going to put banner up for rest of day if someone tells me whichversion.

2. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    We missed his birthday, maybe we could make him something more personal... Just throwing out an idea from top of my head:

Most of you have Ferraris... How about you guys take a picture with your Ferrari, standing in front of the car and holding a get well soon/wish you the best/etc. written on paper. Then everyone sends it to a member here, who will make an album of all the pictures and we can try to pass it through to someone close to Schumacher who can forward it to his family perhaps.
    I am certainly willing to throw in some dollars for the print outs :) Maybe we could also use the last pages of the album to write the FerrariChat screen names + real name of everyone who contributes in any way.

As I said, just throwing in an idea, this could actually become something he/his family would save, instead of one moment of reading an online get well soon card - which I'm sure there are thousands of coming his way these days.

Comments?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think we need another thread just concentrating on Michael's condition and input from qualified medical people here.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I kinda like this idea, try to get it going viral. take a picture with get well wishes on paper. start a separate thread and just have those who took pic post in thread keeping a count going. no one is home, but once Jennie gets home I can start it. let's try to hit 1,000!

5. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    Any scale?

6. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I would appreciate it if you could start the thread, as it would get far more attention (maybe also make it a sticky?)

Let's make this happen!

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, just waiting for Jennie to get home. dogs, cat, rabbits, snake, fish can't take pics. :)

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, all non-owners post with model!

9. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    :(

Did we ever miss this boat! I guess it goes to show how difficult it is to move such a colossus.

No offense intended to any one here btw, but the idea was first floated about 24 hours back now. The whole intention being (at least to me), to focus the positive energy, prayers, whatever you want to call it, his way for just a few *concurrent* moments. The hundreds (thousands?) of folk here at any one time have a *lot* of positive energy to send after all! Had it been announced a little ahead of time I suspect there'd have been even more joining in.

Oh well, we tried.

Sorry guys. While a nice sentiment, that's not the point. How many pictures of silly looking guys holding signs with a Ferrari in the background do you really think he wants to look at? One could even make an argument that it should be Mercedes' these days.

Disappointed we couldn't make it happen, but thanks to those who tried anyway.

Ian

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I agree with Ian.

Would be WAY more powerful other ways...

How about each member buys a get well card,... sign it... photo it... post it.

Home made card would be even better.

11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Yup. Best idea yet IMO.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    different users have different ideas, please respect others. do your own thing, but don't try to be toxic to the ideas of others.

13. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Just because we have a Ferrari in the garage makes our best wishes more important than others?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it isn't about having a Ferrari, that's our main connection with Michael, but it can be a model or just post a card without you, car, whatever.

16. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    My apologies, I certainly wasn't trying to be toxic in any way. Just wanted to express my heartfelt belief that it's not a good idea IMO. The 'mainstream' press for example could very well interpret it the way I said.

OTOH, a prepared and publicized ahead of time 'shutdown' of Fchat, just for a few minutes, could very well garner further coverage.

Cheers,
    Ian

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've already explained why technically it won't work, I am still open with putting a special banner up if anyone wants to do it. I was actually waiting on a final one all day.

18. Doug3

Doug3 Karting

Dec 20, 2012
    #918 Doug3, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland
    Just my two cents - don´t make it a great stir.

Only a few lines from FerrariChat, it´s enough. We all should consider it´s still a critical situation.
    I don´t want to be a PITA, I just think a bit of reluctance would do best. I mean, this is FerrariChat, it is THE F-community. Thousands of people behind those lines, he´ll know that, I´m sure.

20. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Good point. We don't need to shout to be heard.

Part of the difficulty we're having is that something like this has to be viral. Can't be orchestrated, that's not how the Internet works.

Godspeed Michael.

21. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Well this certainly made me unsure.

22. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    Being practical...if we all sent cards to the hospital...Grenoble's postal service and hospital staff will be the ones bearing the brunt. Corinna wont be opening and reading cards I wouldn't think?

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Just to be clear,... My suggestion was to photo and post the card in a single get well thread. Not actually send the card.

Unfortunately,... I have exceeded my photo limit.

24. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    OK - got it! Misunderstood post to be the old fashioned way! I don't have facility to post pics anyway...

25. HamFan

HamFan Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Janne
    Maybe we - as a community - should do something that Schumi would really appreciate: help others in his honour. Arrange with hospitals to pick up relatives...drive them home etc for one day all around the world?