College Football 2013 | Page 33 | FerrariChat

College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GrigioGuy, Dec 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Wow!! What a game. Not what I had in mind at all. But an awesome finish to the BCS.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    congrats to FSU!

3. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Scoring with 13 seconds left. Unbelievable.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    ACC ACC ACC ACC! ACC is 3-0 in BCS bowls last two years, SEC is 1-3 in BCS bowls last two years. The SEC cycle is done...

Congrats to FSU.

:)
    BT

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    you live in Georgia, right? brave man :)

FSU could have a few great years ahead of them, if they can keep everyone out of the NFL draft.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I wonder how many folks turned the game off early, and will be surprised come tomorrow morning.

Auburn can be proud, but let's remember the words of Stroker Ace and Lugs Harvey: "Screw Second!"

7. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I probably would have shut it off and went to bed if they hadn't scored the touchdown before the half. Auburn has the offensive line and Winston rattled. The defense was confused. But they put the first half behind and played hard. This really has been an awesome bowl series.

8. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Or have classes on "No means no"

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    :D

10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    LOL... Haters gunna hate.

Congrats to Auburn for being #2.

Back to the non SEC thread to discuss #1!

GO NOLES!!!
    BT

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My friend just made my pockets a little bit fatter.:D

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    SEC is still number 1. I like how you think a "cycle" ends after 7 in a row with just 1 victory (and one that happened by a slim margin with 12 seconds left), which by the way was won by a team with the weakest SOS in BCS championship history (for a victor) against a team that didn't win a single game last season in its own conference. Which conference had the best bowl record this season? How did the ACC fair? Oh right...

Come back after the ACC wins 6 more in a row. In never...

Keep believing the ACC is back. Surprised a Thug U fan would be so happy FSU won. If you were being sarcastic, my apologies.

13. Splitting Atoms

Splitting Atoms Formula 3

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There are only three teams in the ACC that recruit well enough to have a chance of beating the top tier SEC teams and those are Florida State, Miami and Clemson. Miami and Clemson both seem to underperform a little based on their recruiting stats.

Being a Georgia Tech grad, I am glad to see the ACC have some success in the big games. My alma matter, however, will rarely be any better than 7-5 or 8-4 with their current offense.

I had mixed feelings about Florida State winning because the quarterback probably did rape that girl and he got away with it. I have a daughter in college so I am sensitive to that.

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    As predicted the SEC determination of 'best conference's has shifted from who wins the national championship to a different metric. The SEC is above average but not the best this year. I am 100% certain that if Alabama had beaten Oklahoma the claim would be that Alabama is actually the best team this year and that they would have won last night if given the opportunity. Who cares about your record in the Belk bowl or the Meineke or any of the other lower tier bowls? I count the BCS bowls since they are supposed to match top flight teams. The only BCS bowl victory the SEC can claim in the past two years is over Notre Lame... Not too impressive. Who knows, the SEC might make a comeback in the near future. Don't forget the SEC started the season with losses by two of their topranked preseason teams. UGA lost to Clemson and UF lost to Miami while both schools were at full strength.

GO ACC!
    :D
    BT

15. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    If you knew the story, you would not say that. I have employees that are 'best friends' with the accuser Erica Kinsman...every single one said that she lied about it...

Have you read the report?

You do know that she said that she was drove home on a scooter right? Would your daughter get on a scooter with a guy that just raped her? Because you cannot 'force' someone to ride a scooter, I don't care who you are....

Have you heard the 911 call? Erica wouldn't even talk to the police because she knew she was lying and didn't want to say anything that she could get in trouble for. On the 911 call, she relayed the message that she was 'clubbed on the back of the head'....so you really think Jameis is clubbing girls on the back of the head? Especially when witnesses saw them get in a cab with 2 other people and leave from the bar?

I hate comments like this because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about...as someone on the inside and someone who has talked to people involved with this, it's a joke to ascertain what a bad lie this whole thing was...

And oh yeah, read her tweets even months after when football season is going on and she is tweeting about rooting for jameis...

read some facts before you make such idiotic statements (and I'm not saying you are an idiot, but your statement is)...

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    What? I said best conference, not best team. Just because a team won the BCS championship doesn't mean the conference is the best. Just means the supposed best team in the land came from that conference. The ACC is still crap. A conference is composed of more than one team as you already know. That's why comparing records among all teams from the conference to another conference bowl record helps determine the BEST CONFERENCE. The Cotton, Capital One, Chick-Fil-A, and Outback (all SEC tie-ins) are not **** bowls if that's what you're trying to say.

We get it. You like the ACC and are tired of hearing for the last 7 years how great the SEC is. But guess what, things don't turn on a dime that quickly in a 14 team conference no matter how much you want to believe that. FSU got by with an easy schedule against an opponent that came off a bad year (and needed two miracle comeback wins late in the season to get to this game) and BARELY squeaked by with a win. Trailed most of the game, needed a kickoff return TD, and then 59:48 to finally take the lead.

And Clemson beat an overrated (chronically) OSU team. We already know how Clemson fairs against SEC teams...I don't even know the last time Clemson beat an SEC team. Keep being proud a rapist at your rival's school barely won the championship...it comes off very very odd.

17. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    Exactly,

the SEC is still probably the strongest conference top to bottom, but their not the juggernaut powerhouse that people want to make them into...the ACC has shown (as well as other conferences) that their top tier teams are as good, if not better, then the top tier SEC teams...the middle of the conference is where they have strength over others IMO, and it showed this with 0-2 BCS record as compared to their strong finish with the rest of their bowl games...

ACC was opposite with their 2-0 BCS record but then not a good performance from a lot of their 'middle of the pack' teams

Big Ten was marginal as they seem to have been lately

Big 12, who the heck knows...its like any given sunday with them...it just depends on which team from each team decides to show up

Pac has shown that they are much stronger then people give them credit for...When, not if, USC gets back into their old ways of being a dominant team, they will for sure be putting a team into the 4 team playoff every year...

With the 4 team playoff going into effect, you will see the number of SEC championships dwindle significantly, as long as we aren't going crazy and putting 3 SEC teams into it...

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My aunt lives in Tallahassee and has direct connections to the inside scoop. You are correct. The media never put out any of the evidence pointing against the girl.

Former FSU player Travis Johnson was indicted by the same attorney (who happens to be a gator) and he was acquitted in 15 minutes by an all female jury. He was calling b.s. from the get go.

19. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    You could look at the other way....FSU didn't even have a good game and still won. Had they been playing like they normally do, they would have wiped the field with Auburn....conversely, Auburn happen to play very very well and still couldn't win...even with them dominating the stat sheet they 'still could not win the national championship'

I wouldn't exactly call the ACC crap...with Duke barely losing to the all mighty Texas A&M...Clemson beating an overranked OSU but also beat the last 2 out 3 SEC teams they have played (lost to SC but beat UGA and LSU in the bowl last year)...which were all ranked SEC teams btw...

a crappy Miami team beating a crappy Florida team...

I would say the ACC is more top heavy then say they are crap...

Agreed

Did you read the report? You do know that it is common knowledge that she lied right? The girl should be prosecuted but with our screwed up legal system, we seem to give 'passes' to girls that lie about rape which only hurts the real rape victims... I have a horrible disdain for that girl (Erica) because some guy that ACTUALLY rapes a girl is going to get away with it because of a jury not being able to tell whether a REAL rape victim is lying or not because of girls like her...

That would be the first game of the year when Clemson beat Georgia when Georgia was at their strongest with no injuries....the time before that was their previous game when they beat LSU in a bowl game last year...Clemson beat back to back ranked SEC teams...

20. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Noles on top again! Wasn't pretty but I'll take it. Surprising D from Auburn-damn they were ready!

21. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    Actually, the SA (Meggs) went to FSU, but he might as well be a Gator when it comes to prosecuting football players because he goes after them even when there is not a case....

I have personal experience with this, Meggs attempted to prosecute me (and my FSU football roomate) back in 2000...so I know what a scumbag the guy is....this is how bad my case was...

I was charged with tresspassing by him but because the case was intertwined with a national media story with my roomate (who was a first round draft pick at the time), Meggs would not drop the case against me even though I was innocent...In fact, it was so bad of a case, that the owner of the establishment was a witness on my behalf and had signed a written affadavit that he never issued a trespass against me and that I was always welcome....well, the state decided they were going to move forward with my case....I mean really, how do attempt to prosecute someone for trespassing when the owner of the property of the trespass charge is signed up as a witness in defense to the defendant??? Thats insane.... Anyway, after my roomate was acquitted after a 45 min jury deliberation, my case was 'magically' dropped 2 days later... Needless to say, Meggs will do ANYTHING to try to prosecute FSU players....I have witnessed it first hand....

Yeah, I really wish they had put a lot of that info out like the info they seem to blow up everywhere when they were trying to build the case...

The fact is, the info is out there for people...but most people don't bother to read the report or do their own research...the ones that do are the ones that know how bad of a liar she was...but most people just go with what the media wants them to hear which was when they were trying to sensationalize the story in our typical media-baised way instead of reporting all the truths and all the facts....

22. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    The key for the future of the Noles is keeping Winston out of the Bronx. He probably got a call from them immed following this game!

If you thought Beltran getting signed was a surprise, wait till Yank's fans hear their new Mariano Rivera won the Heisman!!!

23. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Wow, you have short memory. Last year in the CFA bowl Clemson beat LSU. Then the first weekend this year Clemson beat UGA. Both were ranked in the top 5 when they played. Selective memory is okay though. I get it, you like the SEC and will cherry pick stats to support it, much like ESPN does. I will concede that you have the loudest and most popular shill promoting the conference though (ESPN).

BT

24. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Gee, that is what everyone outside the SEC has been saying for what, 7 years? Until the SEC lost the championship game they indicate conference strength based on the Championship game, go back and read the threads here if you don't believe me.

If you are using either inter-conference records, or bowl records, the Big East would be the strongest conference overall, then the SEC, then the ACC, then the Big 10 (based on records since 2000).

The total interconference record of the SEC against other AQ conferences is just barely above .500, and the bowl record is similarly close to .500. They way you post people would expect a .800 win percentage or better, it just isn't the case. On second thought, you might not want to look it up, reality might be a bitter pill to swallow so close to losing the national championship throne.

GO CANES!!!
    BT

25. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    With the way that game was played, if FSU had lost that game, I would have been crushed. Knowing that, I feel bad for all the Auburn fans because their team did lose like that and I know their fans have to be crushed after losing that game, especially being up 21-3...

With that said, hats off to an Auburn team that really gained my respect at what a great season they had and what a great game they played right down to the last second....

To their fans, you might be crushed today, but you have a lot to look forward to because Guz Malzahn is a wizard at coaching (and IMO, probably a better coach then Jimbo)...and you still won your most important bowl game of the year, the Iron Bowl in which you crushed Alabama's national title hopes...

With all that said, one of the true marks of a champion is the ability to win without playing your best. FSU, with NFL talent all over the field, did not play their best but still managed to win when it came down to it, on the biggest stage in college football...that deserves mad respect