"OFFICIAL" 3500 GTIS/Sebring series I & II photo thread. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

"OFFICIAL" 3500 GTIS/Sebring series I & II photo thread.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Enzo Who?, Jan 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    She has very pretty Grand Daughters too..

2. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    #177 fidjeland, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    #178 velocetwo, Mar 19, 2014
  4. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    Nice. Curious. More details? Jan

5. dmj

dmj Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2012
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Full Name:
    Dino Milic-Jakovlic
    In this thread previously was some discussion about yellow Sebrings, so it seems like the most logical place to post a question about another one.

A friend was recently shown a pic of a yellow Sebring buried in a garage full of junk, apparently somewhere in my country. Is it known how many yellow Sebrings were built and if any of them is missing? It seems that Maseratis are much less researched than comparable Ferraris, regarding chassis number but maybe someone has an idea...

6. abo78

abo78 Karting

Sep 5, 2008
    Denmark
  7. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    #182 fidjeland, Oct 11, 2015
  8. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Love it. +1

Ivan

9. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    #184 fidjeland, Oct 11, 2015
    I bought AM 101S102269 from Rutger Houtkamp in Holland some years ago. I had by that time been looking for a good Sebring for a long time, about five years. This car looked outwardly excellent with lots of documentation of recent renovation work. The car had earlier been owned by Pieter Noordman, also Holland. Renovated under his ownership. The engine of the car was not running quite that good during my test drive but both I and Rutger Houtkamp put that down to need of adjustments. Unfortunately that was not the case. The engine had to be completely redone by the engine company in Holland responsible for the earlier work. Their "fault" so it was done under warranty. Alas and at last one year later the car as delivered to me here in Stockholm Sweden, together with a nice bottle of champagne. My joy was unfortunately very shortlived. The engine work turned out to be a mess. It leaked oil and water in tremendous volumes, the valves clearanses were completely off and would have destroyed the engine in a very short time. I did make contact with the company that had redone the engine in Holland, throught mr Houtkamp. They were of course very embarrassed but to my disappointment completely unwilling to take further responsibility for their complete failure. The engine was therefore thereafter entrusted to our Stockholm maistro Åke Nordqvist who managed to get it running properly again after very much work. Thank you kindly Larry Ruben for all your knowledge during this time! A lot of sorting followed the engine work but this is in my opinion normal when you start to drive a car that has been dormant for a long time and gone through a long period of rejuvination. As I like to drive my old cars I decided to fit safety belt. When this work was started we discovered that the inner sill on the right side of the car was missing and had been replaced by a thin aluminum sheet screwd to the outer perimeter of the sill. Of course weakening the structure of the sill itself, but worse still looking inside the sill made us very unhappy. Rust :( Presently both sills are being remade and all rustly metal in front and back of the doors replaced. Such a shame on an outwardly beautiful looking car. But this time it will be done properly.Will keep you posted. cheers Jan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    OUch, Best of luck on your fix. I know that adding seat belts to my old war torn 3500 GT doubled the top end speed!
    Confidence, and I discovered no maladies.
    Best of luck, RF.

11. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    Thank you kindly redfred 84. I´m not a "quitter" in this case.

12. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    You probably know that Mr Noordman published the progress on the car in detail on a Dutch Maserati forum. My impression at the time was that everyone involved was very dedicated. But after reading your story I get the impression that the end result apparently wasn't perfect. Very sad.

13. BBBBBBB

BBBBBBB Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Lovely, can we please see some more of these renderings ?

Carissimi saluti
    Ben

14. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    #189 fidjeland, Oct 15, 2015
    Here is another one of our building projekt. This time with my Citroen SM (Maserati engine remember) in center of rendering. Cheers, Jan

15. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    #190 fidjeland, Nov 27, 2015
  16. BBBBBBB

BBBBBBB Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Ben
    wonderful and beautiful Déesse as well !
    Yes sure: SM was one of my favs way back then (together with Kyalami, Miura, Boxer, Shadow, etc.).
    Cannot see enough of your renderings.
    Many thanks. Ben

17. biz5300

biz5300 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    n h
    Hello Jan

Good to see you are active here on the chat.. I have myself been away for a while due to lack of Maserati but I am pleased to tell you that I now have bought Sebring 2 4-litre JCP010 which is currently ion the body shop in Treviso in Italy... Chassi 669, very late car..
    The engine I will however give to our friend Ake Nordquist!

Hälsningar Niklas Hannah

18. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Yes and the HY van is the icing on the cake.

To Jan, best of luck on the progress with your Sebring.

19. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    Good luck with the work on your Sebring Niklas H.. Lets hope that you hold on to it when it´s completed. Will be interesting to follow the renovation of the 4 L engine, especially the injection stuff! Is the engine also the original one?
    Kind regards,
    Jan F.

20. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    Niklas, Please post some pictures of you Sebring II on this thread if you like. I know that it also has an interesting history.A rather famous first owner .
    Jan

21. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    Thank you kindly readplays! The bodywork is now completed; the glas, trim, and other stuff dismantled and the car is now at the painters. It turned out to be a complete makeover.
    Jan

22. Michele

Michele Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    The Hague, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel Mulder
    @fidjeland: I know that black Sebring.... Company that restored this car did it nuts & bolts back then. Car was displayed at Het Loo Concours d'Elegance at the Maserati official stand in 2010. Was fabulous to see then and in good running condition. Don't know what happened after that appearance, but you can find the last part the story of the restoration here: Maserati chat - Nederlandstalig forum over Maserati en Italian lifestyle ? Toon onderwerp - Restauratie Sebring 2, 3500 GTI en Mistral and the first part here: Restauratie 3500 GTI, Sebring 2 en Mistral 3700
    PM for more info (for viewing photo's you need a login).

23. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    Hello Michele, I bought the car in 2012 from Houptkamp. A badly running engine turned into a complete engine overhaul which delayed the delivery of the car to Sweden more than a year. Unfortunately the engine was then still not running as it should and had to be partly taken apart again here in Sweden. While installing seatbelts we discovered bodged repair work and rust affecting structural integrity in the sills. Lots of work to put right. The car is presently at the painters for a full repaint. If you have the login I would appreciate if you send it to me in PM along with other info on the car that you may have. Kind regards,
    fidjeland

24. Marangen

Marangen Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Martin M
    Respray in Sthlm for the Sebring?

Who are you using? I am planning respray for my Indy in Sthlm area. You can recommend?

Kind regards,

Martin

25. Michele

Michele Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    The Hague, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel Mulder
    @fidjeland: you have a PM...