Wounded Warrior Drive and Lunch | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Wounded Warrior Drive and Lunch

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PAT ORRELL, Nov 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks Henry but I didn't do much other than drive. Rhonda, Kevin, Jim, Bill and Joe at Cavallo along with some other volunteers that Pat brought over are the ones that helped make it happen.

Next year will be even better.

2. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    A HUGE thanks to Pat for setting this up and o everyone involved! It was a blast of a day! :)

3. PAT ORRELL

PAT ORRELL Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    What a great day! Beautiful weather for the drive down the coast! We had 10 more Wounded Warriors sign up on Friday bringing the total to 18 Wounded Warriors and 12 Active duty military personnel. The food was good! Next time I will make sure we have another caterer on hand to shorten the line. From the emails, phone calls, and posts on Fchat a good time was had by all. Thank you all for showing your support of our troops! From the responses they all appreciated our support! Looking forward to the next one! It will be even bigger and better! This event is for a great cause, and I am very passionate, and proud to be part of it!
    Best regards;
    Pat Orrell

4. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    " LOUD APPLAUSE " for Pat , Sean and Cavallo !

5. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #105 jabramson, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    I usually don't talk about my time serving in the Military during Vietnam, but wanted to share why I do this event. I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman. As most of you know the Navy provides All medical support for the Marine Corp. When a Marine yells "Medic" that is a Navy Corpsman attached to a platoon. When I graduated from Hospital Corps School, I took this oath.

I solemnly pledge myself before God and these witness to practice faithfully all my duties as a member of the Hospital Corps.
    I hold the care of the sick and injured to be a privilege and a sacred trust and will assist the Medical Department Officer with loyalty and honesty.
    I will not knowingly permit harm to come to my patient.
    I will hold all personal matters pertaining to the private lives of patients in strict confidence.
    I dedicate my heart,mind and strength to the work before me.
    I shall do all within my power to show in myself an example of all that is honorable and good throughout my naval career.

Forty three years later I still have an obligation. I respect each and everyone one of our military for their service and their sacrifices.. This event will continue for many years to come!

7. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    Extremely sorry I missed this. I'm a veteran myself and would love to give back to those who have sacrificed. Please keep me in mind for any other upcoming events.
    1997 F355 Spider

Brian

8. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    #108 RSO1091, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. PAT ORRELL