Ferrari LMP? | FerrariChat

Ferrari LMP?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Omnivore, Jan 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Omnivore

Omnivore Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2011
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Matthew F
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It lacks the mandatory tailfin all LMPs have.

More a GT prototype, or a supercar, than a LMP car, I think.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I think it's the LaFerrari "FXX"

4. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    May well be the LaFerrari FXX, but an LMP1 would be of more interest.

I think the last time Ferrari won Le Mans overall was 1965 with the NART 250LM. The 458 has had success in the GT class but it's time for Ferrari to compete for the overall at Le Mans - Enzo would approve. I, for one, would love to see Ferrari steal some of the glory from Audi, Toyota, Porsche, etc.

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The car is more likely than not a La Ferrari bodied test mule for the F-1 engine.

It sure has gotten the Internet talking today but noticing a few subtile things about the
    car such as the lack of the dorsal fin and the width of the cockpit which if compared to
    current WEC cars from Audi, Porsche and Toyota, looks rather wide.

BHW

6. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    As noted previously elsewhere, I don't think this is an LMP effort. Certainly more of a GT looking car (a la MC12 Corse) and likely just a test mule.

As we know from lmpdesigner here, there is no planned LMP programme at the Scuderia at this time. I put a lot of stock in what he says about this.

CW

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    From a previous thread - this is just a test mule for the V6 Turbo F1 engine, not much else.

8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    High voltage warning label = hybrid.
    This test took place back in November some time and has been extensively covered in Autosprint and elsewhere.

9. bmiller411

bmiller411 Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bruce B Miller
    This maybe one of the Factory cars that is rumored getting ready for Le Mans. It has
    900+ hp and thoughts are that it may be able to win overall even though it will be a GT entry.

More info on this venture maybe released soon. I for one hope that it is true.

10. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013
    GT entry? Doubtful, you need to have a road-going homogolated car for that (although there were few exceptions, BMW getting the waiver for the V8 Z4 GTE)

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ferrari has recently patented a new rear wing that changes attack angle at speed for high performance vehicles (similar to drs)

And that wing looks just like the f1 drs ones. I start to think that's indeed a LaFxx