How many 1989 328's? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many 1989 328's?

Discussion in '308/328' started by mike996, Oct 31, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treventotto

treventotto Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Alicante
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    Great thanks, now I know more or less when to celebrate the "birthday". :)

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I would even guess "first week of june", but this is only a guess; but you can ask the factory by sending them an E-Mail with a proof of ownership, and they will answer with the exact "construction date" (as I did already wrote, this is the ONLY information they are willing to give nowadays...)

Best,

3. Skindiver

Skindiver Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    JHB SA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Old thread , I know. But if it helps, Nerofer, I am the South African Owner of 83001which you correctly said is an 89 RHD GTS, with ABS , Red with black leather and red carpets. I have never seen a South African car with a roof spoiler. Mine also not. It's my belief that this was always a South African car. I have no info viz the build date.

Regards
    Greg.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Greg,

Thanks for the info. Yours is one of the very, very last group of cars, probably one of the last 25 build. Date of build is either late august '89, or early september. Seems that this last "batch" of 328 build was mainly composed on one hand of Right Hand Drive cars, on the other hand of Swiss-market models (= "euro" catalysed cars).

Rgds

5. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Greg, I've also got a RHD 89 GTS with ABS, red with black leather, red carpets, what a coincidence, no roof spoiler, but I have seen 328's in South Africa with roof spoilers, a few actually, some had them painted red, was originally black, I've seen an 86 with one and a couple of 88/89's all RHD cars, I also know that the roof spoilers were optional on EURO edition cars.

My car was imported as new from UK end of 1989 and fist date of reg... January 1990.

I'd like to hear from you
    Johnney

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Absolutely, the roof spoiler was an option (for which you had to pay extra...) on euro cars; it could be ordered, at no additional cost, painted in body color...
    But, for reasons that escapes logic (that could be the case often, with old Ferraris...) no french 328 imported by the historical dealer in Paris, Charles Pozzi, had a body-colored spoiler: all french 328 which had roof spoiler always had a black one (unpainted...)

Rgds