Looking for pics/stories of beat down Ferraris... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Looking for pics/stories of beat down Ferraris...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Meeyatch1, Dec 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That car was stolen in the early '90s.

2. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Did we just "find" it or was the location known?

3. fisch16

fisch16 Rookie

Jul 21, 2011
    The barn / house was at the intersction of Akins and Edgerton (two parallel roads come togather and merge) in North Royalton, OH 44133 (about 15-20 miles south of Cleveland). The barn and house have since been razed.

4. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    #129 Flash G, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Lots of interesting stories! Keep them coming.

6. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Wow! I just read this, and I'm originally from Victoria, Texas. I know the O'Connor family.

I never heard this story! Very interesting!

7. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081

I talked to the guy years ago. He wanted too much for everything. But interesting guy. Seemed very informed.

8. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff Karting
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2013
    in all of these articles (which I am trying to find) does it say anywhere:

-what team Rosebud sold it for?

-what the school sold it for?

-what Kortan sold it for?

I can't help thinking the name "Rosebud" was a sly refrence to the last line of a famous movie Citizen Kane, but never figured out what that line meant (I failed to get into Creative Writing)

I think the barn finder who convinced Kortan to sell it is the man to be reckoned with in Ferrari history. If he could conclude a deal with someone who is clearly on the edge of sanity, he could probably solve wars, no problem. Anybody know what he used as a persuader? (a blonde, a bottle, a cocked '45?)

9. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff Karting
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2013
    Good article about the car, including driving impressions from the man that raced it, photos by John Lamm
    Innes said that Korton paid $6500 for the car, that must have gone to the school.
    I am not familir with Frank Kallogley of New Jersey. Is he a famous collector in Ferrari circles? Or a car dealer? Love to know what he paid
    Barchettacc.com says the Swiss buyer paid over $4 million.

10. Javi Cooper

Javi Cooper Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    Miami/San Juan
    Full Name:
    Javier Soler
    #135 Javi Cooper, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wonder if it's this one. I spotted it one night in 2011 while driving around North Miami in my new 500.

I know it's not a 250 but how many beat up 1960's blue Ferraris can there be driving around in the same area?

And yeah, it was ROUGH. Four different colors, interior torn to shreds, filthy, etc. Looked like a daily driver that hasn't had a single item fixed or refurbished since new. It was surreal seeing a vintage Ferrari beater on the streets.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Any new stuff?

12. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    There is a "tuner" shop near me with a rough GT4 sans engine sitting on a lift, apparently for a long time judging by the collection of junk beneath it.
    I'm told it was brought in for an engine swap to a Mazda rotary(3rotor?)and the owners ran out of funds.