Eric Boullier to McLaren as team principal | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Eric Boullier to McLaren as team principal

Discussion in 'F1' started by nerofer, Jan 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Does this mean a board member from Genni is going to run Lotus for fun now?

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Other teams (McL, Williams, Force India) have gone w a penis nose, while lotus opted for a vagina nose...a further sign of things to come?

5. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Whitmarsh clearly got sacked because he wasn't getting things done and a change had to be made. But why stoop to hiring the snake in the grass that is Boullier?

I have 0 respect for him. He spent all last year lying about how his team had been paid, when in reality the guys on the floor (that make very little compared to how hard they work) weren't getting paid.

I don't believe Kimi would have said outright "I never got paid" and conveniently moved up his surgery if he had been paid.

Valsecchi spent an entire year doing grueling PR like sitting outside an Austin Tesco doing an unadvertised "signing" (there were pictures posted on Reddit around the USGP last year, can't find them now). And when he FINALLY had a chance to get in the car they hired Heikki!

F Boullier....

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not even that. It's a render of the E21 with the nose of the E22. Utterly pathetic.
    Lopez is going to pretend to know what he's doing. Presumably the team will fold halfway through the season if it even gets to the grid. And no one will get paid.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Clearly they should have a penis nose...Lotus does all the ****ing, right? :confused:....;)

8. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I guess there's now a British team for sale if Haas is serious!

J/k. I find the situation at Enstone to be really disappointing.

9. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I think you make a valid point.

A real shame they appear to have been completely shafted by Ijaz, and I'd guess Lopez wants out pretty badly. They are (or at least were!) doing pretty damn well.

A great opportunity *if* he's serious about it!

Cheers,
    Ian

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Whilst Ijaz did his generous share of shafting, they also did their own fair share. Announcing several big sponsorships which where no where near signing, clearly showing their own incompetence.

Also how they handled several things completely the wrong way, and very public...their own stupid fault.

Bernie is also not happy with Lopez/Lux. If Bernie isn't happy with you you're a long, long way from home...

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not sure.

He'll buy it for a £1 but will immediately assume the £150m debt. That's a lot...

Sure, he'll get all the facilities but around 50% of the staff has left in the last 6 months.

It'll take a lot of rebuilding...

12. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Agreed, but where did you get the 'Bernie's not happy with them' story?

I can totally see it as they're making the whole thing look amateurish at best, but I don't recall any (in)famous Bernie quotes on the subject?

BTW, WTF is the Fifty Shades of Grey reference all about? I guess I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read it, so it's beyond me...... ;)

Cheer,
    Ian

13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    oh i thought with eric leaving, continued finance problems, loldonado on the team...they were just going to continue to get screwed...

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Several insiders are claiming it... (I'm sure that the fact that bernard wanted to pay Kimi himself instead of giving the cash to Lotus/Lopez says enough already).

Haven't read 50 shades either, but I know it has lots of whipping and arse play in there...

15. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Very true, I'd forgotten that little tidbit.... I wonder if he did in fact ever get paid? Last I recall was he was willing to settle for about 10% of what he was due.

If it's all true, hopefully Bernie pays him the real amount due out of their share of the prize fund. **** 'em!

:confused:

WTF? Why would anyone post such a reference on twitter? They really need to get someone under control it seems!

Cheers,
    Ian

16. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    So what happens to Whitmarsh? Does he move to the production side of McLaren or is he out completely? If I was a mid-level team I'd hire him.

-F

17. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I haven't read it either, but in this case I think the reference is more innocent - it's not to the content of the book, it's to the colour... And the McLaren/Dennis preference for everything to be in black, white, grey, chrome, etc - literally fifty shades of grey!

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  19. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    F1 just gets Curiouser and curiouser.

If Lotus can run a CGI car they might be competitive.

20. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I'm not quite sure how to read this, from Pitpass;

I'm not sure if that means he simply won't be at Jerez, or if he's not confirmed as the new TP at all? My guess is the latter and it's not a done deal, at least as yet.

Cheers,
    Ian

21. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    He's probably too busy reading his going away present, thinking: "Ce que l' baise!" :p

22. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Puzzled me as well.

But what doesn't?

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    And since the TP spot may be free,... they could hire Ron Dennis,... who could then proclaim "We Won!,... of course we did" No need to run the race with all those pesky eyes watching.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    TP spot?

Is that a new phrase for the rear end of the grid?

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro