Ford Powered 1964 Ferrari 330GT Project | FerrariChat

Ford Powered 1964 Ferrari 330GT Project

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by NürScud, Jan 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    After having missed a swb250GT with a Corvette engine for $7000 in 1969 and seeing what swb 250GTs are worth today I would advise anyone who finds a driveable V12 Ferrari without the V12 to consider it because you can still drive it to Ferrari events , maybe not display it at a concours but track use it, and enjoy the camradierie and it will be going up in value especially for someone that wants that model and can get an engine reasonably.
    need I mention Lincoln Cabraloff's early barchetta that he bought from Ron Kellogg with a slant six Chrysler in it, I don't know what he paid but I am sure it went up 100 times in value from the day he bought it, and it was only re-united with the original engine after he sold it.

All that being said, I saw a 400GT with a Chevy at the Woodley Park Italian car show for $12,000 and just couldn't get excited because it's too new to go up with the wrong engine, but if it were a 'Sixties Ferrari with a Chevy I think it would have great appreciation potential.

3. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I passed on this car at $20k+ a month ago. In retrospect I should've bought it for parts alone. I figured I could re-sell it at around $40k and make a nice profit, but $79k!!! Hind sight is 20/20. I do suggest that any perspective buyer check it out carefully.

4. Onebugatti

Onebugatti Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2008
    Centre Europe
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Cheap, and well bought. There are 2 motors out there for $35-40K. All in, $110,000 - dirt cheap, and in DOLLARS , could have been priced in Euro easy and brought it.

5. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    This happened all the time:

Probably around 1979........ the Ferrari was worth around 8K, broke its engine, and needed a 12K Rebuild (as I recall the going cost at the time)

Bubba Says, " Hell I can get you a good ol vette motor and trans and it will be a helluva lot cheaper".

6. Carbonero

Carbonero Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    Troll Free Zone
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well said. Wish I'd known of it earlier.

BTW: The comments section at the site has some "interesting" remarks.