Wounded Warrior Drive & Lunch #3 2014 | FerrariChat

Wounded Warrior Drive & Lunch #3 2014

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PAT ORRELL, Feb 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAT ORRELL

PAT ORRELL Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    #1 PAT ORRELL, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Hello everyone! Sean and I started planning our 3rd Wounded Warrior event yesterday. After all the positive feedback and interest from all of the participants from the last two events, and those that have stated that they would like to participate in the next one to show their support for our Wounded Warriors at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside. We will be putting together another event in late September or early October. We would then be able to count on good weather in that time frame. I know that is a little ways away, but as I said before, it takes much planning to make another great event take place. We have to notify the Wounded Warrior Battalion at least 30 days in advance, to get on their calender. I would like to give them a 60 day notice of the planned event, so more Warriors could plan and attend.
    On another note! I will be checking with the Naval Hospital at Balboa Park and the new Naval Hospital at Camp Pendleton about visiting our Wounded Warriors that are not able to leave the Hospital. To show our support and thank them for their service. These MEN and WOMEN have sacrificed so much for our country and are on the beginning of the road to recovery, with much time to fill! Perhaps to leave our foot print in the life of a Wounded Warrior. "Leave no one behind". More on that to come.
    Best Regards;
    Pat Orrell

2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    +1 for your statement: "Leave no one behind". Thank you in advance.

3. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Count me in for this one and any others in between! Let me know if I can with planning / coordinating the event in any way!

4. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    Would love to participate and help coordinate if needed.

5. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Would really enjoy your help! When you have a moment, let's exchange some ideas. The next one I am sure will be a big turnout.
    Thank you,
    Pat

6. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    ....count on us to assist !

7. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Thank you Enrique!

8. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    +1, thanks for putting this incredible event together Sean and Pat. I will most gladly join you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in helping you plan the next one.

Henry

9. shawn@ValkyrieMotorwerks

Feb 11, 2014
    Hey Gents,

New to the site but came across this as I was searching wounded warrior.

Who am I to say, but I am extremely grateful that there are individuals such as yourselves that take the time to share experiences such as this. I would have loved to participate in a ride along when I was in Camp Pendleton.

I am glad that the Wounded Warrior program is getting some exposure and that you guys are helping out my fellow vets. It often feels like we are misunderstood and forgotten even by the Veterans Administration who's sole purpose is to aid us.

You guys are awesome!

Respectfully,
    Shawn

PS - was a fleet marine force corpsman while I was in. Hoorah!

10. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Hi Shaun! I was a Navy Corpsman also! Yes these men and women are to be medically discharged and will find themselves in the private sector soon. They do have a on base counseling, but could use some guidance from people outside of the military to plan their future. I do this event to show our support and thank them for their service and sacrifices in person. It always helps to know someone that can be of assistance in helping these Local Heroes get on with their life. Thank you for your service! "Leave no one behind"!
    My Best Regards;
    Pat Orrell

11. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    I will take you up on your offer! Let's get together for lunch soon!
    Pat

12. Bigwavedave

Bigwavedave Karting

Sep 28, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  13. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Pat, you know our group is in. Just let us know what you need us to do.

14. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Pat

Please count us in.

Mel and Toni

15. mpurcy

mpurcy Karting

Jan 29, 2013
    Oceanside Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
  16. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I'm in too..
    Mike Kerns

17. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Thanks Jeff! You and your staff are the best!!

18. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Pat, depending on the number of cars we get for this next run, we may also want to open it to the men and women who spend countless hours helping these brave men and women with their situations. Would probably be a wonderful distraction from their every day activities. They should also be recognized since they are a very important part of the chain. Just a thought.

19. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Jeff I agree! There was a whole another parking lot that was empty next to the one we used! We did open the event to all active duty personnel. The next event will be huge! I now have contacts with FOC San Diego!!! It is to the point that we should have a planning committee to help make it the best event that we can! A few have already offered their assistance. All ideas are welcome!!
    Best regards;
    Pat

20. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    This is super great idea. I know we did not want to media exposure. We can split the group in two runs on two separate weekends and keep it manageable. If you need anything I am here.

21. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    I will have a firm date soon for the Mid October Wounded Warrior Drive and Lunch. I would like to form a committee to help plan the event. I am looking for 4 people to help out. If you are interested, please PM me with your contact info. Thank you in advance.
    "Leave no one behind"
    Pat Orrell

22. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    PM sent as well...

23. PAT ORRELL

Jul 18, 2006
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Pat Orrell
    Our Next Wounded Warrior Drive and lunch will be on Saturday October 4th from 10:30am to 4pm. Committee Personnel please touch base with me. Registration is open now. For those that would like to participate, I will need the following information from you.
    1. your first and last name
    2. year, make, model, License plate #.
    3.Cell number
    4. email address
    Please PM me this information.

We will meet on the base at Camp Pendleton at 10:30 Am and caravan to the Wounded Warrior Battalion HQ. then proceed on the drive down to the venue for lunch. Sean and I have a few new ideas for this drive that you will not want to miss!!! I am planning on 35 to 50 cars for this event. Like last year, we will have Wounded Warriors and open to active duty personnel. I am also inviting Hospital Corpsman, Nurses, and Doctors that care for our wounded heroes.
    Sean and I are both back from vacation and are available to answer any questions. All ideas are welcome! Handbooks will be emailed to you a week before the event, and they will be also available at the base when you check in for the driver's meeting. This a fun day to meet up with friends and make new ones. The Marine's were waiting for us to set a date as they really look forward to us coming and supporting the Wounded Warrior's. They put us on their calendar immediately. "Leave no one behind"!
    My Best Regards;
    Pat Orrell

24. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Thank you Sean, pat and committee members for this new event. It has been a blast in the past. I look forward to seeing everyone.

1. Sean
    2. Pat
    3. Reserved for Committee Member
    4. Reserved for Committee Member
    5. Reserved for Committee Member
    6. Haig - 996/Vette