The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 68 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    You know what will make Michael better? Nope, not me either. Nobody does. If they did, that would have been the first thing tried. Medical knowledge is not complete. We do the best we can with what we have and what we know.

The holier than thou and "I know what is appropriate to say and you don't" is stupid.

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Head injuries take a long time to recover. The first 6 months is the rapid recovery period and more comes in a yr and more in 2 and so on. Most of what Michael will have will come within one yr. It is very hard to predict the outcome but the longer you are out the worse the injury.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think we can all safely say everyone is hoping for the best for MS, and the lack of news is making it tense.

We all have are own ways of dealing with it, and folk can take, for want of a better word a more realistic view or a positive optimistic view, I do not believe anyone is right or wrong with this, as I believe everyone of us are rooting for the same goal, for MS to recover to the best he and his team around him can possibly achieve.

His family and manager will be all to aware everyone is rooting for him and desperate for info, however it is up to them to release info as and when they see fit.

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    In honor of Michael I drove a 512BBi at obscene speeds today. Michael would approve. Get well Mike, it's nothing you can't handle.

5. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Amen Brother! - Wise words! :)

Whatever peoples personal beliefs are about prayer/wishes/positive thoughts/positive energies etc., lets have a little bit of understanding from both sides and not resort to bitter in-fighting!

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

this explanation was not needed but appreciated. andeas is simply a realist. some of us had a very bad feeling about Michael's condition from the minute the announcement that he was air lifted was made. this is a very bad injury and while we all are hoping for a miracle, we recognize that it will in fact take a miracle.

I think we all stand with ian and stand together rooting for MS and a full recovery. his family, his country and the sport need him to pull through!!!!

pcb

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    No apology required, but appreciated & accepted! :)

This is not about us, this is *all* about him, his family & loved ones.

Many of us choose to post here, among our virtual friends, to share our heartbreak, best wishes and, yes, indeed, speculation given the lack of any news.

I just think we should all try and stay positive! I'm certain Corinna and all close to him are trying to do the same. We may have 'doubts' deep down, but I just don't think this is the place to share them. I know I've offended some along the way, and I too apologize, but let's try, in whatever ways we choose, to stick together and support his recovery. Thanks.

Godspeed Michael
    Ian

8. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I don't think anyone on this thread is meaning any negative energy towards Michael. I like many others check this thread daily always hoping and praying to not read about something terrible. We are all saddened by the events in the past month, and many of us have different ways of staving off potential bad news. We are all hoping, and many of us even praying for the same thing. We are all on the same team...someone venting their fears on this public forum should not raise a terse response. I respect any feelings that any of us may share in such times, as these...

9. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Fair enough, I just *hate* reading negative speculation! But I've got to learn to respect others feelings & opinions I guess.

As I'm sure many have realized, I'm not a 'religious' person, but certainly respect those who are and who gain comfort in prayer. In that vein, a dear friend of mine misunderstood a recent exchange we had, and mailed me saying "I prayed for your race car driver that passed away" :eek: ...... Once I stopped my (virtual) yelling at her, I immediately mailed her back asking that she modify her prayer. Thought I could share her response;

+1 is all I could add. :)

Godspeed Michael
    Ian

10. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Michael my thoughts are with you everyday. You will put through this to tell an amazing story. God Speed Schumi. Thank you for being my hero

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

11. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Never Apologize for caring.

We all deal in our own ways and should have the grace to respect what works for others.

Be it praying or sending less organized wishes into the ether it can't hurt.

12. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    This is not looking good, the posts are getting weird too.

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes thanks mate, not alot more we can say really, until we hear more.

Hopefully it will be better or good news, the whole thing is a massive shock the guy seemed so invincible, but it just shows how fragile we all are.

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, to sum it up let us all hope and pray for the best-and prepare to deal with the worst. As hopeful as all of us are objectively speaking from day one this didn't look good. IMHO if things were going well we'd hear more news but that's only my opinion.

15. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Back off and lighten up. We're all on the same team here.

16. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
  17. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Keep fighting Michael!

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

he has long since apologized to andreas. we are all good and rooting for team MS.

all good guys posting here!!

19. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #1694 Crawler, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    We don't need censorship here when people are expressing their feelings and emotions. There's an old adage that says that feelings are neither good nor bad, they're just feelings.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It is still way too early to tell....

A lot of emotion here, because of our mutual respect for a great driver.

For myself, I would ask that we all consider our own humanity, and treat or friends, our family, and our loved ones as if time is short, for we never know, when it truly is...

I broke my head, once.
    Badly, but not THIS badly.

It took over two years, for the lingering pain to fade, and recover most of my balance.
    Which is still very fragile and easily upset.
    They can map the damage.

In any case, give Shumi some time.
    If this was football he is only now finishing the first quarter, not even to halftime!!

Take care everyone.....

21. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    well said.

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Andreas, I know you, there was nothing in your post that was offensive, you only stated your feelings about this situation, which pretty much mirror mine.

Reality often sucks, but it is reality.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks my friend.

I realize we all deal with this in different ways.

24. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I remain as positively hopeful as anyone, but to me the decision by the family to keep quiet on any progress related to his recovery process speaks more towards it being a negative situation than a positive one. I also hope I am wrong.

>8^)
    ER

25. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Correct.