Denver area 355 | FerrariChat

Denver area 355

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by coledoggy, Jan 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
  2. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    I could take a look. I always like looking at Ferrari's. :)

But as a 355 owner I'm sure you know, it's really about what's going on on inside that counts.

-F

3. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Thanks for your help, and that's very true!

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #4 sherpa23, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Someone else on fchat asked about that car and I said that I just bought a car from that dealership and sold my Carrera 4 through them too. And offered to look at the car but they never responded. Good guys at that dealership. I have to go there tomorrow to pick up my car, incidentally.

I haven't looked hard at the 355.

5. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Isn't that the same location as Club Auto?

6. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Yes.

Club Auto, LeMay Collection and Elevation Motors are all in the same building there.

7. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Sorry guys, no idea how that got posted twice in your section. Apologies.

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Have you asked about service records? I would start there.

Not sure if it's lived its life in CO but if so, you might want to see if Dave Helms has done any work on it. He knows 355's as well as anyone.

-F

9. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Be wary of this place. I went down there to buy an Alfa 164, but ran away screaming. Front corner lights were broken, roof paint had failed (sat outside for all it's life?), etc. The Alfa was one of the nicer cars on their lot. All of their cheaper inventory is trash, which makes me very leery of their more expensive offerings.

They've had that 355 since I went down to buy the Alfa in late October. They get most of their inventory from Manheim Denver, but don't seem to recon any of their inventory. Personally, I wouldn't even buy a Honda Civic from that lot.

Also, go over the paint with a fine-toothed comb. They have a lot of fun with rotary buffers there. Not saying rotaries are bad, but just give it a good look under all forms of lighting.

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #10 sherpa23, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Well, that's interesting. I bought that Alfa and they fixed everything for me - plus various unforeseen issues all on their dime. They even sent it to my restoration guy for the paint. The car was owned by a long time Ferrari Club member and I went through all of the service records and called the old owner to ask him about the car. I made an agreement with the dealership and talked about what needed to be addressed for it to be brought up to my standards. And as I said, they encountered other issues when they were fixing the things I specified and they fixed those on their own on their own dime. I"m sure they lost money on this car in the course of trying to earn my repeat business. I don't know a lot of places that do that.

I am not sure how long I will keep it as my DD but I certainly think that I got a good deal and was treated properly.

I am pretty picky about my cars and I've been pleased with these guys. Like anything else, you need to know what you're looking at and understand what needs to be done to dial it in. But these guys were awesome to me and really went above and beyond what most any other dealership would do. From my experience, I can recommend them.

Also, I gave them my Porsche Carrera 4 to sell and they sold it for a great price within a few weeks. Results matter to me and I would use them again.

11. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    Well I stopped by to look at the car today.

Paint is very good, just one chip on hood.

Interior is good, other than dash is TOAST and speedo pod, I mean fried. Plan at least 3K-4K to fix that. That doesn't include any of the vents or such that might break in process!

Rotors all need to be replaced so I assume pads also

Rear lower diffuser is damaged BAD, don't know who drove this think but they backed into a few things!

Weak battery

Front has skid plates but WELL worn from bottoming out

Interior has been redone to get rid of the sticky icky, done better than my garage job with SEM Trim paint!

Newer tires and good rims!

Plenty of records, full service in 2012 with new cats at that time, no idea on headers replacement. I would assume its on 2nd or 3rd set?

Clean engine bay.

Owned by someone who did love the car, but his love faded, and traded in a well used car.

At startup the bypass valve was not working which could be stuck, or ???

No smoke at startup, cats must work good since no smell like most of my cars, with cats that somehow did not get installed??

I would get PPI (FOD I would trust 100%) and get the leak down done with that many miles, I have seen many 355 need rebuilds over 50k (valve issues??)

Front seat has nice scratch that just happened with some JA that got in and dragged something, they said that would be fixed.

Car is from east coast and was shipped here. Didn't see any rust, and didn't have the typical front end that we have in Denver from gravel....

MY OPINION: Over priced for miles and the dash is REALLY bad. I would be REALLY concerned about the headers going BOOM anytime, and the compression and valve situation. Overall nice car, but need brakes and such. Really didn't feel the love compared to most other 355 in the area owned with pride....