F12 Project Car - NR Largo | FerrariChat

F12 Project Car - NR Largo

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by icemanbops, Feb 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Hi Guys

I have decided to have a play with an F12 and see what I can come up with. Love the car as it is had a couple already and have decided to have one as a permanent fixture in the garage. So rather than order a bespoke one from Ferrari using their programme I decided to see what I can create.

Looking at the limited aftermarket stuff for the F12, a kit came to mind and the Novitec Rosso Largo kit for me is the one to have.

I will over the coming weeks and months start with a donor car, looking for a 2013 with a few thousand km's in the right colour and then share the build process on the forum.

Colours, I have only seen red ones to date, however I am looking at either a black or white donor car. I think exposed and polished carbon all around. Lowered 40mm and have the exhaust and upgrade to the ecu.

I will have a play with the interior depending on what I am starting with.

So first question is what colour?

Regards Ice

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Long time no see...

I'd go with black exterior, red alcantara seats with black technical inserts. Combine the rest of the interior with red alcantara/black alcantara and carbon

Finish the exterior of with black novitec lights.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Reason why I wouldn't go with exposed carbon is that it very rarely looks right, especially if it's just the body panels that are CF. Only if it aligns like on a Zonda or Koenigsegg would it have a chance, but I'd still refrain.

If I was going to go exposed carbon (apart from the odd bit, which can look good) I'd go the whole way and make sure every weave aligns (VERY complicated and thus extremely expensive), and go with doors/boot etc as well...ie a crap load of work when a better (painted) finish will be better in my opinion.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Blue Tdf with matt gold wheels. Dark Grey Alcan tara interior with yellow stitching.

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Nice Choice :)

6. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Exposed Carbon, I was actually only talking about the rear diffuser, brake lights, side skirts and the front blade and grill. Bonnet scoop and the wing mirrors.

On the colour front I have found a 2013 White with red interior, normal seats white stitching. Has plenty of carbon inside and a fair bit of alcantara. Great price and only 2,700kms, I have also found a 2014 black with Red interior 2000 kms, not so much carbon, white stitching and sports seats.

I was thinking the white would work well, the voluptuous curves of the Largo would be extenuated by the colour. Pick out a colour for the Novatec/HRE wheels or go with a black to offset the body colour.

These are the ideas so far, I am rather impatient so might just go buy one of these tomorrow and start ordering up the bits. I believe the kit is on a 6-8 week delivery.

Thats the update thus far.

7. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Interesting project,look forward to progress.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Black with a silver gray roof was done before on the 599 to good effect. That pre-dated the 599 GTO style with dual tone contrasting body and roof color...

9. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Blast from the past!

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Please get white. Black hides the lines of the f12. White actually exposes the shape and would look well with contrasting carbon.

11. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Yep thats the kit.

Ok I am buying either the white or black one today. will put them side by side and try to envisage the kit on them.

Will let you know which one I pick up and then post the raw pics of the donor car. Better see what discounts I can get on the kit and look for a quality Body shop to install.

Game on