DC Motors Anaheim | FerrariChat

DC Motors Anaheim

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by AndrewG2, Feb 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndrewG2

AndrewG2 Karting

Feb 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    Has anyone done business with these guys? Any bad or good experiences? I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I have friends who purchased from them more than once. I found the pricing to be a bit too high. May always be the fact that the vehicles I am interested in are on consignment. Saw a few of their cars in Moscow. Seems they ship a lot out of the country.

3. oblioh27

oblioh27 Rookie

Mar 22, 2004
    After visiting their dealership off-and-on for about a decade, I've found almost all their cars to have "issues".

What I'm trying to say is, the cars are not top quality, but that seems to be their business model, which is OK. I have no argument with that.

4. AndrewG2

AndrewG2 Karting

Feb 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    Thanks for the feedback.

5. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I've done business with DC for 15+ years and never had an issue. Nice cars, The owner and Todd are true car enthusiasts and have been there for 20+ years. I wouldn't hesitate doing business with them.

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Doug (owner) is a straight shooter and all around good guy so I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him.

7. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    I have gone there for several years for one reason or another while chasing one car or another is more like it. They have the knowledge on the cars but they are WAY over priced. To the point that pricing competes with Dealer pricing if not more...

And the way they advertise their cars would make one think that their inventory is flawless which it is not. The two cars I went to see were priced out of the market and the overall condition was not great at all. Maybe as someone else posted the cars are on consignment and they need their mark up?

8. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011

Um, have you seen what it costs to run a proper ligit profitable automotive dealership business in California ?

9. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Have you seen what it is like to run a Media company in California? Probably not its not your business, all I know for sure is what the market prices are for some vehicles that I was interested in purchasing. Are you associated with them? The OP had a question, I answered it from my personal experience.

10. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    Been there a few times looking. Most of the cars seemed beat up, although to their credit everyone I talked to were straight up about what needed to be done to correct the problems. Asking prices were high but then again every dealer in Southern California seem to have very high asking prices relative to other parts of the country.

11. GStephan

GStephan Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Graham Stephan
    I bought a Lotus Exige S240 from them a few weeks ago. Overall, it was a good experience - I can't complain. The price was a bit higher than what I could have found via private party, probably by about 10%, but I didn't have the luxury of being picky because I wanted a certain color/year that DC motors just happened to have...so I was SOL.

I'd do business again with them in the future if they happened to have the exact car I was looking for. But if I had the luxury of shopping around and buying private party, I would.

Graham

12. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    First post in almost 8 years. Give this guy the lurker award! :)

13. GStephan

GStephan Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Graham Stephan
    Haha, I know! I tried to register not too long ago and realized my email was already in use...little do I know, I had an account from 2006!