New project Challenge 98451 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New project Challenge 98451

Discussion in '348/355' started by plugzit, Jan 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Didn't get a charger yet, but did get their jumpbox. The size of your hand!

2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Just want to know if you need their charger aor can use a battery tender or a Genius charger

3. marcov

marcov Karting

Dec 8, 2007
    Ottawa Canada
    Full Name:
    Marco V
    Yes I put $450-ish in my car… I needed to replace my Oddesy battery and decided to splurge this one time…. It is a FERRARI after all! I am a true believer that adding lightness to a car is the best performance improvement. While installing the battery, I also replaced the battery cables and eliminated the bullet connectors. Another improvements to the charging system was to replace the steel alternator tensioner with a billet aluminum. (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q/347326-choosing-lithium-battery-3.html)

I have not regretted this improvement. The weight difference is definitely noticeable, the car lost a bit of over steer and is more firmly planted in corners

4. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia

You must use their lithium charger.

Kai

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Much appreciated

Now I will have every charger ever made LOL A battery charger museum if you will LOL

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Whoa! You didn't mention you picked up the lithium-ion for the car too! I'd missed all the new posts here. Awesome!

I love the jumper, kinda makes you want to leave the lights on on purpose.

7. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
  8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    In the olded days I ran my 348 racecar off a sears tractor battery. A jetski battery from West Marine works too. BUT...the Lithium is 21st century and a must have. In a 348 you can get rid of 100 to near 200lbs and still have a streetable car. In the 348 gokart you can really feel the loss of weight.

You know if the lithium works perfectly you can cut away the old battery frame to support the new light small lithium. That's another 5-8lbs I'm guessing right there. For car running the battery in the front now it makes sense to put the battery in the back and lighten the car more with shorter and less 4 gauge wire. that stuff is heavy.

9. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Ok, just got the 20 cell, 600cca battery.

Holy crap it's tiny. And weighs nothing.

Can't wait to install it. I have to replace the lead connectors with the round ones.

I hope 600CCA is enough...

Kai

10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I got no dog in this hunt. It seems to me Plugzit did what he said he was going to do. Your friend said so in his original post. Plugzit does not have control over third party lost part. Reading that thread sounds like sour grapes someone looking to put the blame on someone else. Shipper shows item delivered. Your friend said so. What can plugzit do about that? The Fastest way to end a thread is not respond to it. Plugzit cannot win that thread you guys have already made up your minds. Why bother? Hijack of this thread is not welcome. Does your friend, casting dispersions, have 100% feedback as a regular ebay seller? Plugzit does.

plugzit on eBay

11. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Really crappy attempt at a thread hijack. Doesn't build much sympathy for your view. Keep this issue in the thread it came from. I personally saw 2 sets of these things so I refuse to believe the theory of 2 sales of the same item but that is an aside and should not be part of this thread.