Me driving a Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 Full HD Vid | FerrariChat

Me driving a Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 Full HD Vid

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Dreambrother, Mar 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dreambrother

Dreambrother Formula Junior

May 14, 2011
    Hey everyone,

As a young boy (11 y.o) I saw the Ferrari 412 in a book and did not quite understand why this model wasn't as outspoken in design as were all the other Ferraris of that time. My mother explained to me that potential buyers want different things, and that modest designs can sell good too. It was a moment of learning.

26 years later there it was again. Ok, this was the more rare 365 GT4 2+2, but the design was quite the same as what I saw as a boy on the picture. Now I was there to film it. How would it be like to drive it?

Well... it was awe-some. I promise you. When my small business activities grow and I would be able to afford one, I would buy one! Period.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Vklh2R398](HD) SCC: Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 1974 - Test Drive in top gear - Probefahrt - Giro di prova -- GoPro - YouTube[/ame]

This is the video! Hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Regards from Holland!
    Walter

2. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Great video thanks for posting
    Nice 365 too

3. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
  4. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Beautiful car and nicely done film.

5. 412fan

412fan Karting

Aug 1, 2005
    Northern Plains
    Thank you for posting this! That engine sound is so beautiful.

6. oofazi

oofazi Karting

Apr 13, 2013
    Salisbury UK
    Fabulous car and and fabulous sound.....

....now wheres my keys.....its a beautiful day.....why not... :))

7. 300man

300man Karting

Mar 19, 2010
    Lovely film, thanks for posting!

8. vecchio59

vecchio59 Karting

Nov 25, 2011
    Savona, NW Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    #8 vecchio59, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Walter, thanks for sharing, nice video and car ! to me, it looks like a 400GT, maybe I'm wrong and... it does not mattter !

I just wanna say, don't miss the train ! I was today at the official certification session for my 365, after 3 years of repairs and renovation... drove it for 60 miles and was just a pleasure. When I arrived, many fanatics came around to see the only V12 of the day (of more than 50 cars), asked for info, wanted to hear the "music" ... well, if you're looking for this kind of emotions, my recommendation is to move now, till it is affordable... and you'll gain years of satisfaction.

Looking forward to hearing of your new V12 !
    Bye
    Marco
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Nicely made video

10. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    nice !...but a few more RPM's are needed for her to really sing !

you should connect with Jan over there...i'll send him a message and get him to chime in...super cool guy and a hardcore 365/400 guy.

11. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    lovely !

12. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Now that is one confused car !!

365 interior and wheels but 400 rear lights and front end.

I've seen these cars converted into replicas of more expensive, older classic models but never one that's been forward or backwards modified.

I for one would LOVE to know the story behind this Frankenstein's monster. Maybe it's the still born 465 or 300 model ?

13. Dreambrother

Dreambrother Formula Junior

May 14, 2011
    Hey everyone! I really have appreciated all the comments. YES, I would like to own one. No, I cannot afford one yet. I also do not have a garage, so... :-(. I already feel immensly priviliged to be able to drive them from time to time. Higher revs are not possible due to the fact that my filming time with these cars are is limited, and the engines are not properlly warmed up by the time I make my shots.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Walter

14. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    When I purchased 365 GT4 2+2 17425, it had the 4 lights arrangement at the back. I had it converted to its original 6 lights (which is not a cheap repair). While this was being done, the fuel tank cells were exposed and they showed a sign of having been deformed by a shock.
    The mechanics concluded that this car had an accident in the past involving major repair work at the rear of the car and that the only parts available at the time were those of a 400. No documents.
    Extrapolating on this, the car shown here could well have had a shock at the back and at the front to explain the parts common to the 400.

15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Funny...I hate the 6 lights but love the four lights. The 6 lights is what turns me off about the 365 GT4 2+2 and the silly redesign trunklid is what turns me off about the 412.

I guess I'm a 400/400i guy through and through. :)

But didn't someone here find out that some very late 365s got the 4 lights from the factory later on just before 400 production?

16. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I believe that to be the case.

17. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Thanks for the wonderful break from the day