Bringing her back to life | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Bringing her back to life

Discussion in '348/355' started by boaties, Jul 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    That looks great Shawn! I'm planning on doing something to liven up my engine bay as well. Thanks for the photos and update. We'll expect more when you finally get to take her out for the first time. Congratulations buddy.

Henry

2. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    Thanks, I'm going to take a shot at making my own door sills next. I've gotten some great ideas from a few other members. I am thinking about gunmetal or black with a silver Ferrari Logo. I think I am going to have them powder coated. More Updates coming this weekend!!! Hopefully I will be driving it.

3. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    #53 boaties, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well its complete, I will upload the finished pictures....The sad part is I have no oil pressure and I may have to pull the engine out and replace the pump and springs to be safe. I am looking at replacing the spring to help with flow (I hope it can be done through the drain plug) if not I am going to have to do the entire process over plus some. If I have to do it again I am going to get a lift to make my life easier. One thing is for sure I have learned a lot about this car from DIY and it’s really not that bad....Everything went back together perfect. I will try a couple of things with F-Chat help to see if I can fix the car without pulling the motor again but if necessary I will pull the engine and go through the entire thing to get it right (It might just take me a few extra months to complete, but it will be a good winter project).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Do you have a video with sound of you firing her up. DAMN THAT"S GOT to be sweet! Thanks...

5. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    #55 boaties, Nov 4, 2013
    WOW.........What a ride, the sound (Tubi exhaust), the speed. You guys were right, I love this car and so did everyone that heard/saw it today. More posts to come. I had a problem with the alternator and it wouldn't charge so my ride was only about 10 miles or so but the engine ran perfect!!!!!

The oil pressure problem was caused by a loose nut on the back of the dash, Bruce gave me some ideas and told me to start with the simple fix and go from there...He was right, i am sure glad I didnt drop the oil pan!!!!

Now I need to get the alternator out and get it checked, I wonder if there is an inline fuse or if its a gonner. I had it checked out before I put the engine back in and it was good but when I was installing the batter I crossed the wires for a split second and I might of damaged it.

6. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    #56 boaties, Nov 15, 2013
    I fixed the headlights - Blown fuse, now on to replacing the alternator this week. From there this winter I will work on the interior to get it perfect. Its easier to get stuff done on it now that its at the house and not an hour away at my dads shop, I love working on it down there but when you only have an hour or two extra in a day its just not possible to make the trip to the shop.

7. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Your car looks great! It's always very satisfying to work on your own car, they aren's as scary as they are made out to be :)

8. ff355b

ff355b Karting

Feb 26, 2010
    Awesome job, I've always dreamed of fixing wrecked exotic cars, but never had a gut to do it. :)

9. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    I do have a few videos, I just need to figure out how to load them this weekend.

10. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Excellent taste in DD as well. :) Same in my garage in different colors for the 355 and CLS with a TR6 thrown in.

Great job on the engine out!

11. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    #61 boaties, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  12. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    I got the old alternator and the new one I got from Bruce installed today....Worked like a charm..I went for a drive as soon as I got it in. All the headlights etc are working great but I still need to level out the passanger side it come up but not all the way and when i turn them off it goes down but not all the way. I think i need to adjust the throw on the arm but i havent done that for now. I side need one last undertray looks like its going to cost me $500 with shipping if i want one, maybe I will order it this week. The car runs great and I couldnt be happier. I am going to put some miles on it this weekend. More updates to come soon.

13. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Looking forward to your updates! Love the project :)

14. ff355b

ff355b Karting

Feb 26, 2010
    How much did it cost you so far?
    Vehicle + parts + body works?

15. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    #65 boaties, Mar 10, 2014
    Almost complete and ready for summer, I have been driving it as much as possible...This week looks good until sat and then back to the 30's

16. Bigsalgt1

Bigsalgt1 Karting

May 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Saetta
    Love it and admire you for your ability to take on projects! Great job and beautiful car!

17. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    BEautiful, great job!

Love the light colored soft top contrast with the black car color...