348 Torque values | FerrariChat

348 Torque values

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 348 Turbo, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Ayone have a tidy little list of 348 common torque values they'd like to pass onto the forum, (especially me!)? Items like wheel lugs, spark plug , (actually I know this one to be 16Nm), Oil plug, calipers, etc.....

2. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    98Nm for the wheel bolts

3. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Matt Morgan, "Kermit" Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff,
    I've got Technical manuals for damn near every type, European, Spyders ec, but as I scanned a few, they didn't have a section like a proper Workshop Manual does. You can sure have one anyway, just let me know the year.
    Kermit

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Thanks for the kind offer, Kermit! I do have a workshop manual, but it doesn't have a tidy little list of torque values. What is has, is a list of values at the end of each section, SO, you have to drag out the manual, to check the torque value for your lug bolts. Then again for your spark plugs, then again, and again, etc......
    When I had my QV, I had a one sheet of paper list with columns of torque values of common items such as I listed here. I hung it on the wall of my garage. Very handy! I'd like to develope another one. If I can, for the 348, I'll post the file and we can all have a copy. This would be handy for those of us that like to turn our own wrenches. As a matter of fact, we could do one for each of the F-Cars. What do you all think?

5. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

72 ft.-lbs for the wheels...

I learned that the hard way as my wheels almost came off while driving! nothing happened, but ouch!

6. Brewman

Brewman Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2012
    NC Mountains @ Boone
    Full Name:
    Joe

Hello,

Found this old post while searching for torque values. Any chance you have one for a 94 348 you would share.

Thanks,

Brewman

7. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #7 ernie, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. awilson

awilson Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2013
    Annapolis Md
    Full Name:
    Andrew G. Wilson,II
    Kermit I tried to send you a PM requesting a technical manual for a 348 Spyder but your mail box is full. Andy

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Kermit left the building in ~2006...

10. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ