Houston C&C probably over with. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Houston C&C probably over with.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by triple-x, Mar 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Yeah, luckily he wasn't driving a "real" car with 500, 600hp. It would have been much worse!

2. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    When he stuck a Bentley badge on the trunk & put a red bull decal on his window.

After the crash I think he called it a Bentmywienhi. LMFAO

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Not Bentley. Korean domestic market Hyundai logo.

4. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Shush let me have my fun. lol

So it's a North Korean domestic car that Rodman might have used? The plot thickens. bwhahahaha

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    While I haven't been to c&c in a while, my friend lives down the road so I'm in the area fairly often. I've seen that car before. I remember him driving not fast just stupidly.

6. msd3075

msd3075 Rookie

Aug 29, 2008
    Funny I found this topic because there was another crash in the same area during C&C.

I was riding my bike through the area on Saturday morning (training for the MS150 in a few weeks) and saw the aftermath of a similar crash. A red 90's Nissan-something lost control in a similar way and spun into a couple trees in someone's front yard in Lakewood Forest (on Jones Rd just south of Louetta). When I rode by, they were loading the driver onto a stretcher. A dark red Lexus IS (body kit, wheels, etc) was parked in front of the house, so I'm assuming they was some sort of race or it was two cars driving aggressively to/from C&C.

I was on my bike so I couldn't take any pictures (have enough of a time dodging road-rage neighborhood traffic), but the car was pretty messed up. The rear bumper was missing, the left rear was completely crumpled in, and the left windows were smashed. Hopefully the driver is ok, but when I saw it my first thought was exactly like what everyone in here has been saying; no more C&C because of a couple of dumbfarts.

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It looks like this also happened in about the same area, GTO left the road to play tag with some trees back in 2011.
    [ame=www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9te9gNrp3o]GTO Wreck Houston Coffee and Cars- Vintage park 4/2/11 - YouTube[/ame]

8. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Disappointing. Great event. Although a more exclusive event would also be nice, I enjoyed the variety at this event. Everything from trucks and jeeps to Lambos and Ferrari.

Also, I like the Genesis Coupe. Sorry to see one in such a condition.

9. KYROCKS

KYROCKS Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2013
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Kyriacos
    Slick roads, no brains, not that talented of a driver...it could happen anywhere. Not sure you have to shut down the entire event forever. The one in Dallas is monitored very well in my opinion.

10. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Redbull gives you wings, but whiskey gives you BALLS! :-D

11. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Seriously, sad to hear that once word gets out, the idiots turn out and ruin things.

The Dallas show has had a few mishaps, but is still going strong due to changes that help keep it a mostly enjoyable event.

Kudos to Classic BMW and the Maas family for putting this on!

12. D. Antonio

D. Antonio Karting

Dec 30, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    I remember the San Antonio cars and coffee I went to early last year got shut down due to somebody almost hitting someone. Thank goodness everybody migrated over to what used to be a Mustang meet up at the Rim. This event hasn't been shut down, has it?

13. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I have only been a couple times but it I didn't like it too much - it was too many cars and people. Also I didn't much care for dealers parading their cars there and ordinary cars parking in the same place as the interesting cars. I liked the show in Irvine better - you had two parking lots - one for the cool cars and one for the rest.

14. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin

I think that's something we can all agree with.

15. westyguy

westyguy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Huntsville, TX
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'd sure hate to see it end, though I haven't been able to make it in about 4 months. It only takes a few bad apples, however.
    Steve

16. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    From experience, a smaller gathering of true car enthusiasts is much more enjoyable than 300+ cars and 50 of them decked out with Advanced Auto Parts accessories. Omaha's CC barely ever breaks 100 cars but the variety is the best part and you can always find someone to talk to. Ours is held every Saturday from May to September and I attend every single one. Another thing to consider is making the show earlier. I'm not sure what time Houston's begins and ends but Omaha's is 7:30 to 9:30-10:00. That keeps the undesirable crowd away because it's too early for them to wake up :) . Just my two cents.

17. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Houston C&C is 7am-10am. But you need to get there even earlier if you want a decent parking spot.

I believe the peak of Houston C&C was about 1.5 years ago. IMO, it has really gone downhill since then. Mainly because of the punks that have started to show up.

18. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    For me the best times were when it was still on Post Oak as it was still small and only true enthusiast attended. Any word on if the Louetta C&C event is still on?

19. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    According to their website, yes.

20. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007