Unofficial F1 "Tipping" league, we need more people to join | FerrariChat

Unofficial F1 "Tipping" league, we need more people to join

Discussion in 'F1' started by HWJunkie, Mar 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I have been doing an F1 "tipping" league for 4 or 5 years now, which was just another league to play in when F1Tipping was around, then when F1Tipping went away, besides joining Tillman's Fantasy, this was the best option I found. I liked the F1tipping format, but they are gone, so, we've got F1toto.com, where you pick the top 8 drivers in each race, the closer you get to their actual finishing position, the more points you get. You have until a couple hours before the race starts to make your picks each race. It's easy and fun. We need more people to play though, right now it's just myself, my wife and another person or two not on the board, you can also join other "sub-leagues" that have more people in them and see how you do against the other people around the world... This year should be interesting, at least for the first couple races, because nobody knows who's going to be fast for sure, yet....

If you want to join, go to: Free Formula1 pool | Play the F1 fantasy league | Predict who wins the F1 2013 and sign up, then join the sub-league called, what else, Ferrari Chat and I will accept your request.

Thanks!

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Hmmm..... That kinda caught my eye!....

But, despite all the expert prognoses around here, any fantasy league seems to have a hard time. ;)

I'm not sure why, and Tillman please correct me if wrong, but seems 'we're' always looking for folks for, at least, the Fchat league?

An inability to post a 'timely press release' cost me the WCC last time..... How ****ing stupid can you be! [I'm allowed to swear here. ;)] Beyond that, if you don't get it somewhat close to right in Fchat league initial picks, you're almost hosed from the start.....

The ability to make yer picks after qualy has it's appeals......

Cheers,
    Ian

3. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    That's one of the reasons why I am not playing in that league. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I just don't have the time for that. I liked the Fantasy League on SPEED when it was around because you could do it all online and it was relatively easy. I also liked the F1 tipping, it was a good format, and I came in 3rd twice, almost won once. But it's not around anymore. The F1 Toto that I am trying to get people to join, I played along with F1 Tipping when it was around, as a secondary thing, as well as the SPEED league. Now, I only play the F1 Toto thing, there's 13,000+ players from around the US, it's easy to deal with and it's fun, no stress... Half the people end up stopping once they have a few bad races, but you never know, if you keep going, you may just come back. I came in 8th last year, out of everyone, not too bad.. But this year will be unpredictable, for at least the first few races if not the entire season, who knows, it will be fun.... Join in.. And FYI, I get nothing for it, I'm just a crazy F1 fan that loves to play.

4. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    If you want to play, I will remind you before each race :D

5. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I do appreciate the offer!..... (And thanks for trying to get me back on the right track last year too ;))

Has anyone else signed up? I'm figuring I'm in both Tillmans leagues, so this is hardly an 'onerous' commitment! Bragging rights, or much crow eating here if nothing else! ;)

Come on guys, it's just a little fun. Seems everyone likes to make their predictions, but no one wants to put their 'reputation' on the line..... How hard can it be to pick the top 8 guys?

Cheers,
    Ian

6. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    OK, just signed up. Easy & painless.....

Looks like a pretty well set up site too - message board for trash talking and so on..... Seems we've now got 8 people who are prepared to put their reputations on the line. ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

7. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Glad to see we have a few more people signed up. More people are welcome to join, there's plenty of time.

8. bkhko

bkhko Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2011
    HKG
    Full Name:
    Koby
    #8 bkhko, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    Joined... But seemingly unable to pick my predictions.

Am I missing something obvious? Log in, click the sub league, my predictions, the select race... Don't get prompted with any drivers list to choose from...

9. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    It appears that they have not reset things from last season yet. Strange since the season is about to start. Hopefully the reset it soon.

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I just signed up!

11. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Yeah, they haven't reset the season yet. Whoever runs the site isn't always on top of it. In the past, between races, I have seen it not get reset to the next race until the day before the race.... But, why would you want to make your picks now anyway? You have until about 2 or 3 hours before racetime to make your picks, so you should at least wait until after Quali.

To make your picks, click on MY PREDICTION, then on the left, under ROUNDS, you will see a list of the races, just click on the race you want to pick and you will be able to make your picks... And don't forget to hit the Save or Submit button after you are done.

12. bkhko

bkhko Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2011
    HKG
    Full Name:
    Koby
    Check out this other league. It incorporates the 3 main mechanical aspects too so may be a good alternative. Also you have to choose your team before qualification, and your limited to 2 changes per race. You start w 100mm budget and assigned values of drivers/components change w each races performance. Been playing in friendly private leagues in this one in the past and is also great fun. It's also 100% free.

Fantasy-F1-League 2013 - Free Fantasy F1 Game

13. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    I know they haven't updated the drivers and circuits yet but they will, hang tight, wait until after quali and hopefully it will be ready to make the picks.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This reminds me I should've made a pool for Fchat as well on superbru...Excellent platform, you get extra points if you predict before quali (and of course, if you get pole guy right you get extra points as well, adds strategy into the game).

I only made my pool earlier today for a few friends.

Next year then! (not going to stay up all night approving everyone since it's already after midnight)

15. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Still not reset!

16. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Well, I have seen them wait until later than this during the season, but not at the beginning of the season.... Maybe whoever runs the site "has left the building"?....LOL

Let's just see how it looks today and hope it gets reset in a timely manner as I'm sure people have things to do tonight, I know I do... And if it doesn't get reset, let's just wait and see if for some crazy reason it gets reset for the rest of the season, since everyone will be in the same position, we can start the season from there, and if not, I guess we tried...

But don't give up, keep checking

17. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Sorry guys, I have no idea what the deal is with that site.... I have to leave for dinner in a bout 30 minutes and it's still not reset yet, so unless anyone objects, I say we go with starting the season with the 2nd race, that is IF the site gets reset....

18. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Tried to make predictions but its not taking info.
    Thanks for the effort HWJ.